Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume fluctuates from quiet to loud

Volume fluctuates from quiet to loud

Have samsung galaxy s6 edge, when headphone jack is plugged in the volume of each song goes up and down. Doesn't happen with any other app. 

Has there been a fix with this issue?

Thanks

7 Replies

Try disabling your EQ and see if that fixes it. I think the Samsung EQ causes a few issues.. at least there have been a few comments with sound quality after running the Samsung update to Lollipop.

Also can you disable nuplayer in Android Developer Settings.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hello,

I'm also using an S6 edge running 5.0.2 and I'm also experiencing the same problem stated. I've already disabled NuPlayer, tried downgrading the Spotify app to 2.5.x.x, then upgraded to the latest 2.9.0.890 but it didn't solve the issue.

The volume fluctuation happens only on Spotify app. The volume while using native player works fine.

And also, I can't seem to access Spotify's in-app equalizer since Samsung's equalizer is the one that automatically opens whenever I press 'equalizer' on Spotify settings. So, I don't have an idea how to turn Spotify's equalizer off.

Please help.

Many thanks

Spotify doesn't have an EQ, it just uses whatever is installed in your phone... for Samsung that's SoundAlive. However SA seems to be causing a lot of issues. Try disabling it and contacting Samsung support.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

You have to go into applications and disable soundalive which is the
equalizer and it will be fixed. The eq will no longer show up in the
spotify app.

Actually it does have built in eq. My volume started fluctuating when I went in and changed sound settings. Going back to default fixed it.

this is the sollution. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is from a while back but it's definitely caused by the SoundAlive+ setting under Sounds And Vibration. I played music and disabled it whenever i'd experience the fluctuations/quality changes and it was apparent that it was the problem. Seems to be a reoccurring issue with samsung S6 phones.

Suggested posts