Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot play Spotify music by using USB cable from Galxy s7 to Car stereo.

Hi,I had and Iphone and I was able to play music directly from the device into a car stereo by using the USB port.However, when I switched to Galaxy I am not able to do this anymore.I have read that this might be because licensing issues or something...

• Hi, I had and Iphone and I was able to play music directly from the device into a car stereo by using the USB port. However, when I switched to Galaxy I am not able to do this anymore. I hav...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why did the new update delete all of my saved music?

Subject explains all. Not only could I not find my library for nearly a week, but once I found my "favorites", all of my music was gone.

• Subject explains all. Not only could I not find my library for nearly a week, but once I found my "favorites", all of my music was gone.
  • timsmith98
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Lock screen and Bluetooth problems

Hi guys, I recently ditched spotify and had a try of Google play music due to the features around uploading your own music. The other features didn't really work for me, so have returned to Spotify with a new Pixel phone. Has something changed over t...

• Hi guys,   I recently ditched spotify and had a try of Google play music due to the features around uploading your own music.  The other features didn't really work for me, so have return...
  • mehmoodraza
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Artists not showing up in 'Your Music' - Having to scroll through entire playlist

I have a playlist that is downloaded offline with close to 3,000 songs. I do make sure to go to online mode and update. I used to be able to see all of these songs by album and artist under the 'Your Music' section. All of the sudden, only a few song...

• Regular
  • I have a playlist that is downloaded offline with close to 3,000 songs.  I do make sure to go to online mode and update.   I used to be able to see all of these songs by album and artist un...
  • Ezekiel920
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Refreshing skips

All you have to do is exit out the program twice and go back to the station. Then the amount of skips will reset. I dont have any proof to prove this but I know people will try this.

• All you have to do is exit out the program twice and go back to the station. Then the amount of skips will reset. I dont have any proof to prove this but I know people will try this. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why isn't Hamburger Bar on Android?

I wanna hamburger bar on my android phone. My sister's phone is Huawei P9 and she got hamburger bar but I have HTC One m8 and I havent hamburger Bar. I wanna hamburger bar update to my account or my phone. What can I do???

• I wanna hamburger bar on my android phone. My sister's phone is Huawei P9 and she got hamburger bar but I have HTC One m8 and I havent hamburger Bar. I wanna hamburger bar update to my account or my ...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Music Deleted

Using a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. About half of my music was deleted from spotify, it was strange because the albums had half the songs downloaded, the other half deleted. I followed troubleshooting and restarted my phone. After that 100% of my albums ...

• Casual Listener
  • Using a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. About half of my music was deleted from spotify, it was strange because the albums had half the songs downloaded, the other half deleted. I followed troubleshooting an...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Player on notification is too big

I have a Galaxy Note 3, Android version: 5.0 and Spotify version: 7.1.0.1025I also have the same version on a Nvidia Shield K1, running android 6.0The problem I have on the Note 3 is that when I play something and the notification appears, it is too ...

• Music Fan
  • I have a Galaxy Note 3, Android version: 5.0 and Spotify version: 7.1.0.1025 I also have the same version on a Nvidia Shield K1, running android 6.0 The problem I have on the Note 3 is that when ...
  • Gonzonp
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs undownload constantly,now spotify wont connect to Bluetooth

Im a premium user I'm actually paying for this why I do not know,I'm constantly having to re download all of my songs, every.....single....one !!!,at least once a week, then many songs stop in the middle where there is a gap that won't play ,now it w...

• Gig Goer
  • Im a premium user I'm actually paying for this why I do not know,I'm constantly having to re download all of my songs, every.....single....one !!!,at least once a week, then many songs stop in the mi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly re-downloading music, help? (Galexy S5 Neo)

Hey Guys So i just got Spotify about 4 days ago, within these 4 days i have had to "download" my entire library. in and around 858 songs everytime. I was wondering what the issue is. my friend who has been a Spotify member for months now says this ha...

• Hey Guys    So i just got Spotify about 4 days ago, within these 4 days i have had to "download" my entire library. in and around 858 songs everytime. I was wondering what the issue is. m...
  • Johnnyhated
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezes contantly on Android (Moto X Play)

My spotify seems to lock up all the time and has taken over 20 minutes twice this week already just to load 1 artist. That's me sitting on my lunch break for 20 minutes just waiting in silence for anything on spotify to load on a perfectly fine inter...

• My spotify seems to lock up all the time and has taken over 20 minutes twice this week already just to load 1 artist. That's me sitting on my lunch break for 20 minutes just waiting in silence for an...
  • sam__vieira
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not received Year in Review email

Hi, today i heard the year in review was going to be sent by email today so i activated the news/offer options but i didnt received it yet.

• Hi, today i heard the year in review was going to be sent by email today so i activated the news/offer options but i didnt received it yet. 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Removing songs from a playlist

Well if you accidentally slide your screen it removes the song from your playlist. I think it should ask something like "Are you **bleep**ing sure?" because i have removed so many songs by accident. It shouldn't just be like slide and remove. And als...

• Casual Listener
  • Well if you accidentally slide your screen it removes the song from your playlist. I think it should ask something like "Are you **bleep**ing sure?" because i have removed so many songs by ...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dump file on Android phone memory that never gets erased is created by Spotify.

I have a problem with Sony Xperia L combined with Spotify. These two aren't a good match. Originally it was all fine, but at some point my phone started to collect a lot of memory (around early august) and the only thing to do is to do a system reset...

• Regular
  • I have a problem with Sony Xperia L combined with Spotify. These two aren't a good match.   Originally it was all fine, but at some point my phone started to collect a lot of memory (around ...
  • Tch72
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music keeps disappearing

The spotify app keeps login me out, then when i log back in all my download songs have gone. The app is up to date iv restart then phone, redownloaded only to have it happen again. I have to use my phone data to download them to so its getting pretty...

• Casual Listener
  • The spotify app keeps login me out, then when i log back in all my download songs have gone. The app is up to date iv restart then phone, redownloaded only to have it happen again. I have to use my p...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs volume problems in spotify

The volume of my tablet turns up and down when I'm listening to music in spotify.Any advices?Thanks

• The volume of my tablet turns up and down when I'm listening to music in spotify. Any advices? Thanks 
  • brentb9193
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with connection for 2 identicle Huawei 8 phones -spotify

I have bought 2 identicle Huawei Honor 8, phones, for me and my wife. Im having problens connecting to Spotify Premium.The phones have the same model.nr. FRD-L09If i play music on my phone, it will change 'phone' to hers and play there insted, as we ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have bought 2 identicle Huawei Honor 8, phones, for me and my wife.  Im having problens connecting to Spotify Premium. The phones have the same model.nr. FRD-L09 If i play music on my phone...
  • nsjc75
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android: Spotify plays on only 1 channel after a notification

When I use a an app while spotify is playing music, e.g facebook, and I get a notification, spotify or android (not sure) does the normal thing of lowering volume to emphasize the notification but when it continues only one of the 2 earpieces is at n...

• When I use a an app while spotify is playing music, e.g facebook, and I get a notification, spotify or android (not sure) does the normal thing of lowering volume to emphasize the notification but wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes