Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume reduces after a second of playback

Volume reduces after a second of playback

When I play a track on Spotify, within a second of playback, the volume reduces from a clear, loud, crisp sound to a quieter, muffled, dull sound. This happens on any track I select and it also happen when playback occurs through my device speakers, earphones, and bluetooth connectivity via a wireless speaker.

I have only just started listening to Spotify on my new Google Pixel 2 XL. I don't recall it happening on my iPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I have reinstalled Spotify and I have cleared the apps cache and data. I have looked at some of the settings to see if this solves the problem. For example, the problem continues when I toggle the 'Normalise volume' option or when I try a range of different equalizers.

My device is running the Oreo 8.1. operating system and I have the most updated version of Spotify. The dip in volume and sound quality is really baffling and is ruining the listening experience. I find the volume on Spotify to be very dull and quiet anyway but what is now noticeable is how much better the sound is during that first second of playback compared to how the music plays after that first second. 

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

3 Replies

Hi! The volume reduction is probably due to a boost on the bass in your phone's equalizer, to change it, go to "Your Library > Settings > Equalizer". Hope it helps

Thank you for replying. Yes! It is the equalizer which causes this sudden volume dip. I have switched off the equalizer and it prevents this volume dip from occurring. However, I do like having the equalizer option switched on so I'm assuming there isn't actual solution if I want to continue using the equalizer?

Hey! Glad it works!... You're right, sadly there is no solution to that for the moment. I faced the same problem but its just a matter of time to get used to that

Suggested posts