Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WTF just happened? All my synced playlists for offline listening is gone!

WTF just happened? All my synced playlists for offline listening is gone!

When I opened the Spotify app on my Galaxy S4 today I was prompted to create an new account or logg in to an existing account. I thought it was strange since I never have logged out. I tapped on the login link and then Spotify logged me directly in to the app without even asking for username and password. Another a strange behavior. Then I see that all offline tracks were gone! Deleted from the phone. What is going on??

12 Replies

Hi. It sounds like you're somehow logged into a new account. Try logging out from the settings screen then killing the app and restarting it. You should be able then to log in with your facebook login, if that's what you normally use.

If it still doesn't work, try uninstalling spotify then reinstalling it from google play.

If that fails, I'm afraid you'll need to do a clean reinstall but this means that you will lose your downloaded/synched music.

I was not logget into a new account. it is my existing account. All my playlists and tracks is there but they are no longer downloaded to the phone and cannot be played offline. I have to download them all over again. I checked the the system folder spotify uses to store downloaded files. it's been redudced to 11 MB! Is this a bug or what? I've read about people having this problem on some devices in the paste but I thought the problem was resolved.

I haven't seen anything like this reported. It might be worth giving my suggestions a try.

Well I did try to log out and in again to see if it would do any good. But it did not. I didnt really expect it to work since the size of the system folder in witch spotify stores offline tracks is now only 11 MB. It used to be a couple of GB, The downloaded tracks are obviously gone. They will not magically return by logging out and in or reinstalling the app. I'll have to download the tracks all over again. Sucks!

Sounds like your cache either got wiped or corrupted somehow 😞

I'm logging in to support ticket. I have exactly the same problem on my LG Nexus 4. Playlists will un-download seemingly at whim. Whenever a new internet connection is found I have to log back in and restart my download. It makes playing music on the go impossible which is something I'm paying you guys good money (Premium service) for. It has nothing to do with cache (which I've cleared multiple times) and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app to try and fix this issue. This has been going on for months now and I want to know what your dev/product team is doing to fix it.

Are you seeing the same as reported in this bug topic?

I posted a comment with my device/version infromation there as well. It may be the same issue - although mine involves entire playlists and my account logging out and the thread seems to imply that the bug is isolated to specific tracks.

I have the same problem. Nexus 4 too.

Exactly the same problem here for me. If a sync stuffs on Monday for example, I can access them offline without any problem for the whole day.

But the Tuesday morning, when I open the app, the login screen appears, then disappears after like one second and I'm logged in without doing nothing. BUT all my synched playlists have been wiped and have been moved to the online only playlist.

I tried to 2 times to clear data, erase spotify folder, desinstall app, turn off the phone, remove battery, reinstall app without ANY improvement!!!

I suffer from this for the last two months I guess. No need to say it's really annoying and that it is definitely not what I'm paying for....

I have the same problem what to do

I have same issue with huawei p9 lite. hawe reported with tweet to @spotifycares: https://twitter.com/WalnutsNO/status/875412826059309056 but no response there. 

Suggested posts