Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist not available

Hey,i recently upgrated to premium to listen to spotify while im traveling the following months. I just use spotify on my android phone.I downloaded about 700 songs. At first all worked nicely. Im in italy now without good wifi connection so i need t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, i recently upgrated to premium to listen to spotify while im traveling the following months. I just use spotify on my android phone. I downloaded about 700 songs. At first all worked nicely....
  • Tanya-velasquez
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming to chromecast freezes after advertisement

I frequently stream music to chromecast with little or no issue. Lately after an add (usually add for wendy's), no music will follow. Add gets stuck and shows itself as repeating without any audio. I have to a total reboot on both tablet and chromeca...

• Regular
  • I frequently stream music to chromecast with little or no issue.  Lately after an add (usually add for wendy's), no music will follow.  Add gets stuck and shows itself as repeating without ...
  • onemstchange
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • freezes
    streeming
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix Not Updating Set of Artists

For the last past months, I have changed my list of artists and genre of music and my Daily Mix seem not getting caught up with it. How could I change a certain daily mix with a new set of suggested artists? I have played Alex Clare and related artis...

• Casual Listener
  • For the last past months, I have changed my list of artists and genre of music and my Daily Mix seem not getting caught up with it. How could I change a certain daily mix with a new set of suggested ...
  • kpdmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Device Switching During Playback

This doesn't happen very often, but I've had this happen about 5 times now over the last couple of months. I'll be listening to Spotify on my desktop or my surface and then it will just switch to my phone and start playing from there as if I had told...

• Visitor
  • This doesn't happen very often, but I've had this happen about 5 times now over the last couple of months.  I'll be listening to Spotify on my desktop or my surface and then it will just switch ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes

Self Service | Device Management

Ok so I have gone though and made a playlist of about 350 songs. I have downloaded them and can listen offline for about 2 days. Then when I open my list again I have to download the whole playlist again. Please help!

• Ok so I have gone though and made a playlist of about 350 songs. I have downloaded them and can listen offline for about 2 days. Then when I open my list again I have to download the whole playlist a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Different Songs

Does anyone know why my girlfriend and I would have different songs and albums showing up in our Spotify? We have the exact same phone (Galaxy S5) and we are on the same Spotify version... 99% of the songs are here so it's not the biggest deal it jus...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone know why my girlfriend and I would have different songs and albums showing up in our Spotify? We have the exact same phone (Galaxy S5) and we are on the same Spotify version... 99% of the...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Now need to go online in 12 hours?

So I'm about to have a trip to a place where access to spotify server will be limited, when I was trying the offline mode I discovered that I now only have 12 hours before I need to go online. Couldn't even make it through the flight.. I have tg ree ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm about to have a trip to a place where access to spotify server will be limited, when I was trying the offline mode I discovered that I now only have 12 hours before I need to go online. Couldn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
    Offline availability
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

EQ disappear

I have a One plus 3 (also use Sony MDR-XB950BT) and at the beginning I used to have an EQ option in the Spotify settings but now is gone. What happened?

• Visitor
  • I have a One plus 3 (also use Sony MDR-XB950BT) and at the beginning I used to have an EQ option in the Spotify settings but now is gone. What happened?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution problem with seeing which song is playing

how do i get to see which song is playing when the phone is turned off on samsung galaxy s5 neo

• how do i get to see which song is playing when the phone is turned off on samsung galaxy s5 neo  
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No funcionan la función de letras Android

Tengo una tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 y no me funciona la función de letras, tengo la última versión de Spotify y no va. A mi hermano sí. ¿Qué puedo hacer?

• Tengo una tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 y no me funciona la función de letras, tengo la última versión de Spotify y no va. A mi hermano sí. ¿Qué puedo hacer?
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird location-based playback problem

I use Spotify in four locations: on my PC at work, and on my Android phone in my car (bluetooth), at the gym by my office, and at the gym by my home. It works great everywhere EXCEPT for at the gym by my house. It doesn't matter if I try to start lis...

• I use Spotify in four locations: on my PC at work, and on my Android phone in my car (bluetooth), at the gym by my office, and at the gym by my home.   It works great everywhere EXCEPT for at ...
  • thibaut3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify still plays songs when the app isn't running

After I clear Spotify from the list of running apps,, which closes the app, it still plays music

• Visitor
  • After I clear Spotify from the list of running apps,, which closes the app, it still plays music
  • Dicko1
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

I managed to break the App

I did something that isn't particularly sound. I moved my music folder from my cellphone to the SD unit in it to open up space in the main drive. So far so good. Then I noticed that Spotify was beginning to download all the songs that were moved in t...

• I did something that isn't particularly sound. I moved my music folder from my cellphone to the SD unit in it to open up space in the main drive. So far so good. Then I noticed that Spotify was begin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Saved songs are not available offline

I am a premium user for a long time but since last week (at least i realized) the saved songs are not available anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled spotify but did not work. What should i do?

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user for a long time but since last week (at least i realized) the saved songs are not available anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled spotify but did not work. What should i do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Not Available
    Premium
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    saved songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play anything

For some reason I hit shuffle play on my songs or playlists and it keeps saying "looks like you discovered a premium feature" but that doesn't make sense I'm just trying to listen to a playlist like any person on Spotify?

• For some reason I hit shuffle play on my songs or playlists and it keeps saying "looks like you discovered a premium feature" but that doesn't make sense I'm just trying to listen to a playlist like ...
  • PainBlanc
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist resets to first song.

So my playlist is 630 songs. When I play a song from my Android then connect it to my PC the next song in the playlist is always the first song of the playlist then proceeds to play the first 100 songs. If I try to shuffle then play to my PC it plays...

• So my playlist is 630 songs. When I play a song from my Android then connect it to my PC the next song in the playlist is always the first song of the playlist then proceeds to play the first 100 son...
  • meadowcroftt
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Tablet recognized as phone

I'm free user and I have Nvidia SHIELD K1 tablet that is recognized as phone, which means that I can't play songs on demand anymore and I can't control my tablet with phone.I'm using latest version of Spotify (8.4.0.539) on Android 7.0 (Nvidia SHIELD...

• I'm free user and I have Nvidia SHIELD K1 tablet that is recognized as phone, which means that I can't play songs on demand anymore and I can't control my tablet with phone. I'm using latest version...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

No sequential play though I have premium

Hi!I have the premium subscription but I can only shuffle play albums when I'm on my Samsung Galaxy 5 mobile phone. I expected to be able to play them sequentially.Rgds Christian

• Regular
  • Hi! I have the premium subscription but I can only shuffle play albums when I'm on my Samsung Galaxy 5 mobile phone. I expected to be able to play them sequentially. Rgds Christian
  • benbland
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the lyrics não está mostrando toda a informação

Estou com um problema que pode ser total ignorância minha, então peço desculpa desde já pelo incomodo. Em meu spotify apareceu um novo recurso chamado "Behind the Lyrics" que mostra as informações e curiosidades por trás das letras. Amei esse novo re...

• Estou com um problema que pode ser total ignorância minha, então peço desculpa desde já pelo incomodo. Em meu spotify apareceu um novo recurso chamado "Behind the Lyrics" que mostra as informações e ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs Skipping While Running

I have Spotify on Android(LG G3) used while running. Songs appear to be skipping using the motion sensor. This makes using spotify on the run annoying/impossible. Is there any solution to this? I have looked through android spotfify settings and cann...

• I have Spotify on Android(LG G3) used while running.   Songs appear to be skipping using the motion sensor. This makes using spotify on the run annoying/impossible.   Is there ...
  • YakovAuerbach
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes