Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Waiting and waiting and waiting. (iTunes sync with iOS/Mac Spotify)

Waiting and waiting and waiting. (iTunes sync with iOS/Mac Spotify)

For the past week, I've tried every single solution offered up online - both within this forum and elsewhere (resetting wifi, reinstalling Spotify, restarting computer, etc.) - in regards to Spotify desktop not syncing any my local files with the Spotify app on my iPhone, and I can see by the sheer amount of posts on this subject that I'm not the only one with this issue. At the moment, it's been 19 hours since I tried to set up my latest playlist, and all I get it "waiting." Has anyone worked up a new solution for this issue, or has Spotify completely written off this problem? As a family premium subscriber, I've kind of reached the point where I'm ready to pull the plug.

3 Replies

So which android device are you using? Here's a list of thngs to check.

Any issues are normally down to communication issues so here's a list of things to check if local files won't download.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

My issues are on an iPhone + a desktop iMac. I tried everything but the hotspot and will give that a shot right now.

...and no luck.

Suggested posts