Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weird noise when playing ''local tracks'' on LG Optimus P880 4X HD

Weird noise when playing ''local tracks'' on LG Optimus P880 4X HD

Every time a song that i added from spotify changes to a ''local files'' track in my playlist this weird and very loud noise starts. It's like a static noise in a way and is pretty hard to describe. Like a Transformer would be crying.... To fix this i usually go back to the previous song and then manualy start the next song (the ''local file'') and then there is no Transformer sound. This only happens on my phone and not on my laptop. I have tried reinstalling and that didn't help. Don't really know what i can do. Any helpful comments are greatly appriciated. Thank you in advance.

PS. Here is a link to the sound. It's a download and the file is very small(381kb) and lasts 30 seconds. Thanks again.

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1378650720

6 Replies

Ugh that's awful 😞

Does it still happen if you turn off Gapless playback and crossfade?

Yes it does 😞 

Thanks for trying anyways 🙂

I've never come across this before - what format are the local files in? If you create a new playlist containing one of these local files and one spotify track, does it still happen?

Yes, the problem stays if i make a new playlist and the songs are in MP3 format.

All I can suggest trying is a clean reinstall which involves deleting the cache. This means you will need to resynch/redownload your music but hopefully it will help.

As i stated in the post, i have tried to compleatly reinstall the Spotify app. Cleared the cache first and then uninstalled it and then reinstalled it again from the Goole Play Store app.

Suggested posts