Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is the difference between saved music and downloaded music?

What is the difference between saved music and downloaded music?

This question has been asked before but it was marked as solved when someone answered that downloaded means you can listen offline, but this can not be true as I can listen to my saved music offline even when it is not downloaded.

Also I have a second part to my question, when I have a saved song in my "your library" - "playlist" I have the option to download it, so I have now downloaded "Rome wasn't built in a day" then when I view this exact same song in "your library", "artists" and select the same song "Rome wasn't built in a day" which was already downloaded, I now have the option to download it.... this makes no sense have I not already downloaded this song? This is all very confusing can someone help me to firgure this out?

2 Replies

I already replied to your post in the other thread. You are wrong and seeking validation across threads won't change that I'm afraid.

Thank you for your reply. But it still does not really answer my question. First, the download button was and always has been switched on even when I asked these questions but I still have the option to download songs after I have saved them... (not in the "all songs" section but when I view the same downloaded song in the "artist" section for example) yet I can listen to music I have saved offline even before I download them. If what you are saying is true and they are automatically downloaded then why have to option to download again if they are already downloaded? It just makes things confusing... why would spotify have a option to download a song when it is already downloaded?

I'm sorry if I am missing something, I am trying my best to wrap my head around how spotify works.

Suggested posts