Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's the difference between the "This is: xxx" playlists and playing "Shuffle" on artist page?

What's the difference between the "This is: xxx" playlists and playing "Shuffle" on artist page?

Let's suppose I want to hear songs from a single artist. I know there is no feature to listen to ALL songs from one artist, but I have the two choices mentioned above. What's the difference and which one is most complete?

5 Replies

Hey @genghiskhan-11, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

"This is:…" playlists are created by Spotify with some of the artists best songs. It doesn't contain all his library and when the playlists ends, if autoplay is on, a radio station will be kicked off

While shuffle play just starts a radio station right away based on that artists work and that way you will listen to other artists as well, including the one you hit Shuffle 🙂

Hope it helps!

Error, shuffle doesn't play a radio station. That is arist's radio, but that is not what I am asking about.

The question is about "This is" (which you explained well) and the shuffle play button which is in every artist's page. The latter is the one I am struggling to understand.

Hey @genghiskhan-11,

Yes Shuffle doesn't start a radio, what it does is that it shuffles the Artits library mixed with songs from similar artists and when that ends a radio station is started 🙂

Hope it helps!

Thanks, and what's the criteria for for the selection of the songs included in shuffle? Do they change every time you hit the button?

Hey @genghiskhan-11,

I don't use it too much but they won't be exactly the same songs. 

The criteria is the artist and what music he makes so you will get similar artists and songs based on that, always with the metadate Spotify has 🙂

Hope it helps! 🙂

Suggested posts