Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where are the Followers and Following lists on my Android App?

Where are the Followers and Following lists on my Android App?

Paid for premium account so I can listen to artists in the "Following" list that I've accrued on my desktop.  DL'ed the app on my Galaxy Nexus and synced to my premium account only to find that those lists are MISSING!!! @#O@*!!!

There is a "Friends" list which is blank on my app.

Anyone know what the heck is going on????  Seems like a pretty crappy deal for an pretty visible feature on the desktop version to be NOT WORKING or MISSING on the Android app.  

Thanks.

8 Replies

Hi andrewlee76 - Could you please confirm exactly which app version is installed? We're gathering some info on this at the moment. 

If you could post a screenshot of what're seeing in your Android app it would also be a great help--thanks!

Meredith, I am using version 0.7.0.229 which I downloaded and installed through Google Play App.  I am using Galaxy Nexus Android version 4.2.2

This is what I see when I open the app and look at the menu on left.  Notice no "following" "followers" list.  The "Friends" list seems to be the most similar.

Screenshot_2013-09-28-16-17-59.png

When I click on "friends" I get this black screen.  I tried shutting phone down and turning back on, uninstalling and reinstalling, clicking on other pages and going back to the "friends" page in all different sequences.. all to no avail.

Screenshot_2013-09-28-16-18-08.png

As far as I know, only friends and not followers/following is available across all mobile platforms. I expect we may see this in a future incantation.

My desktop Spotify Premium version 0.9.4.169.gc0399df6 does not have a "Friends" list on the left of window menu but only "Follow".  Once you click on "Follow" you have an option of "Find Friends".  The Followers and Following lists are fully displayed in my profile page.  In fact I see no "friends" list on my desktop Spotify.

It also doesn't make sense that I'm getting a blank white page on my "Friends" page on my Android app.

I am wondering at this point if the Follower/Following feature is called Friends in the Android app which does not seem to be working.  If the Follower/Following feature is a separate feature from the Friends feature than I am missing the Friends feature from my desktop spotify.  Not only do I not have that option on the left of screen menu but all the artists pages prominently display "+Follow" link in green.

The mobile and desktop versions are two different beasts. The friends function on mobile only shows facebook friends.

I'm confused.  Are you just a user or do you speak for Spotify?  I don't mean to argue with you bc it doesn't help solve my problem but all the apps across different platforms presumably access the same paid account and use of Spotify.  Not only does the Friends feature in the Android App and the Follow feature on the desktop use the same icon - silloette of two heads on top of each other), all other features of Spotify are existent on both the desktop and Android version such as Discover, Radio, Playlists, Inbox.

I'm just a user and was trying to answer your questions about the android app. You can always use the online contact form if you need an official reply.

Suggested posts