Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The App deletes my playlists when I turn off my phone.

Hi, I've been using Spotify since October with smaller issues during. Since the new version of the app came out, I've had a problem with downloading playlists to my phone. My phone keeps deleting or partially deleting the playlists. I have one playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been using Spotify since October with smaller issues during. Since the new version of the app came out, I've had a problem with downloading playlists to my phone. My phone keeps del...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC ONE problems with s p o t i f y song name album ect not showing up...

Hi,Just got the new HTC One and I have my blue tooth attached and recognized by the SUV i just purchased.Unfortunately, I came from an iphone which thru blue tooth always showed me the song name that was playing.Now with the HTC One the bluetooth con...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Just got the new HTC One and I have my blue tooth attached and recognized by the SUV i just purchased. Unfortunately, I came from an iphone which thru blue tooth always showed me the song name ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobbling in offline modus

Why doesn't Spotify does not scrobble to last.fm in offline mode, or caches it for release later?

• Casual Listener
  • Why doesn't Spotify does not scrobble to last.fm in offline mode, or caches it for release later?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

App not syncing with local files/not playing?

I have a playlist with 18 tracks on my laptop Spotify. These all play just fine on my computer. Four of these tracks are strictly local. The other 14 tracks load on my phone just fine, but two of the local files show up as greyed out on the app, and ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist with 18 tracks on my laptop Spotify. These all play just fine on my computer. Four of these tracks are strictly local. The other 14 tracks load on my phone just fine, but two of the...
  • iveyjoanna
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues With Playback of Offline/Synced Files

Ever since I've used Spotify on my Galaxy SIII, I've occasionally run into issues. The main one is that sometimes the song just won't play, and the application will freeze. I end up having to restart my phone (if it doesn't restart itself). I seem to...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since I've used Spotify on my Galaxy SIII, I've occasionally run into issues.  The main one is that sometimes the song just won't play, and the application will freeze.  I end up havin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    galaxy s 3
    mp3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium won't work

I just downloaded spotify premium but it doesn't seem to be working. Would you be able to check my account? Any other suggestions?

• I just downloaded spotify premium but it doesn't seem to be working. Would you be able to check my account? Any other suggestions?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Spotify is not working in Samsung Galaxy S I9000?

Hey! I have Samsung Galazy S I9000 phone and when I try to open spotify it will say like this: Sorry. Spotify app (com.spotify.mobile.android.ui process) stopped unexpectedly. Try again. I have tried everything and this feels pretty sad, I got this p...

• Regular
  • Hey!   I have Samsung Galazy S I9000 phone and when I try to open spotify it will say like this:   Sorry.   Spotify app (com.spotify.mobile.android.ui process) stopped unexpected...
  • jonedark
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist idea

I have two things that I would love to see on Spotify. 1: alphabetically order playlists. I have all my playlists as artists names and their albums within that playlist. I would be nice to have the playlists arranged in alphabetical order; or the opt...

• Music Fan
  • I have two things that I would love to see on Spotify. 1: alphabetically order playlists. I have all my playlists as artists names and their albums within that playlist. I would be nice to have the p...
  • woodendharma
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Alaphabetical
    Albums
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

From Free to Premium in the Android-phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII)

I bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy SIII two days ago.I went to Google & searched on how to get Spotify Premium on my monthly subscription/plan.I sent SPOTIFY to 4433 as I have Halebop as a net-provider.I then got a link as a reply which I clicked & ...

• Visitor
  • I bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy SIII two days ago. I went to Google & searched on how to get Spotify Premium on my monthly subscription/plan. I sent SPOTIFY to 4433 as I have Halebop as a n...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Synchronizing Error

Hi there, I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 Phone and a Premium Account.. A few weeks ago, the App stopped ynchronizing the playlists I wandet to hear offline. When starting to download a playlist, i get the error Error with snchonizing(Fehler beim synchroni...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 Phone and a Premium Account..   A few weeks ago, the App stopped ynchronizing the playlists I wandet to hear offline.   When starting to dow...
  • Xemides
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Prem for Phone

Hey, Im having this issue with getting my Prem services working with my phone. I actually bought unlimited, but right after got the prem server to upgrade to the premium. Though I cant actually listen via phone ? and my account is kinda in free user ...

• Hey, Im having this issue with getting my Prem services working with my phone. I actually bought unlimited, but right after got the prem server to upgrade to the premium. Though I cant actually liste...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3,333 Track limit?

Just out of curiosity, why does Spotify have a 3,333 limit. Did search but without any luck?

• Just out of curiosity, why does Spotify have a 3,333 limit. Did search but without any luck?
  • alastair_sco
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify URIs Linking To Local Files?

I have a local file on my phone (via the "Starred" playlist). However, if I try and open up the music file via a URI, the track is not found. Here is the URI: spotify:local:::WelcomeBack2:5 Is there anyway I can modify that link in order to have the ...

• I have a local file on my phone (via the "Starred" playlist). However, if I try and open up the music file via a URI, the track is not found.   Here is the URI:    spotify:local:::We...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I still have 22gb free space on phone....

I figured maybe spotify had their own storage even though I have free space on my phone, so I did still unsync and delete other playlist to make room --- still to no avail. I don't know what's wrong but it's been over a month and in still paying ten ...

• Casual Listener
  • I figured maybe spotify had their own storage even though I have free space on my phone, so I did still unsync and delete other playlist to make room --- still to no avail. I don't know what's wrong ...
  • AntNeedsHelp
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Features/Issues/Questions on the Samsung Galaxy SIII

I've been using Spotify for a few months now on my Samsung GIII, and I have a few questions or observations about issues I'm experiencing. There's so many topics in Android, I don't know where to start for answers. So, I'm just going to list the issu...

• Gig Goer
  • I've been using Spotify for a few months now on my Samsung GIII, and I have a few questions or observations about issues I'm experiencing.  There's so many topics in Android, I don't know where ...
  • strauss_jon
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

kindle hd - share icons missing

Just purchased a new Kindle Fire HD. Downloaded Spotify from AmazonStore. I can't locate the share icon anywhere. Does anyone know if this feature is available or is it not enabled? Really miss the one touch capability to message or email song detail...

• Just purchased a new Kindle Fire HD. Downloaded Spotify from AmazonStore. I can't locate the share icon anywhere. Does anyone know if this feature is available or is it not enabled? Really miss the o...
  • plgeho
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotifuggle premium on Samsung phone

I have had spotifuggle premium on my phone for a while now, and it has been working good until now. Because now it will not play any of my songs, it doesn't come any sound. But it says that it is playing. So I don't know what to do? And it is not my ...

• I have had spotifuggle premium on my phone for a while now, and it has been working good until now. Because now it will not play any of my songs, it doesn't come any sound. But it says that...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search function seems don't work correctly on Android

An example: on my device (Galaxy S3) using Spotify App I search: Video Kill the radio star. The results are all songs that are made by users, as Karaoke or similar, but is not present the true songs. The result show me these songs author (people that...

• Regular
  • An example: on my device (Galaxy S3) using Spotify App I search:   Video Kill the radio star.   The results are all songs that are made by users, as Karaoke or similar, but is not prese...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

List of songs on using "Radio" function

When, on my android device (Galaxy s3) using Spotify app, I active the "Radio" function, I can't see the already listen songs, I can see only the next songs. Why? Thanks

• Regular
  • When, on my android device (Galaxy s3) using Spotify app, I active the "Radio" function, I can't see the already listen songs, I can see only the next songs.   Why?   Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes