Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why Does You Andriod App Suck So Hard?

Why Does You Andriod App Suck So Hard?

And when are you planning to make any significant changes to it?

Seriously, it's horrible.

6 Replies

I think the Spotify devs need to actually look at what people are saying. They do not realise how many people hate the moronic bugs.

The likely answer is that the app is being completely rewritten to properly support newer versions of Android on both phones and tablets and make a prettier interface.

However, Spotify will not talk about release plans so there will be no official comment to that effect. There was a tweet posted from the Spotify France account last week stating that new Android and iPad apps were on the way though.

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Apperantly not, they re-wrote it, and its still horrible. When i get into my car all other music apps, Mog, Rhapsody, Rdio - they launche when the bluetooth connects. Spotify doesnt do this ... I have to take my phone out of my pocket ... fiddle with the play controles, and occasionally reset the playlist as it 'forgot' what was playing before. No other app is this bad.

None of the other services offer the level of music discovery that I get with Spotify Desktop, but I have had to switch to Rdio because spotify is useless if I can listen to my playlists properly.  I will just continue using Pandora for discovery, and Rdio as a 'dumb' player, with a smart app.

Update: 10.18.16 - the android app is still basically terrible. Radio is not good, turns off after 30 minutes unless I unlock my phone.

August 2017 app is still terrible. Tech support sucks. Cancelling now.

I come from the future, year 2050, the spotify android app still sucks **bleep**. 

Suggested posts