Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why check online first if album is downloaded?

Why check online first if album is downloaded?

I'm a bit tired of this. Way too often when I'm somewhere with low connectivity I get errors opening up an album, even when the entire album was downloaded to my phone. This shouldn't ever happen, everything is available to me offline. As a programmer maybe consider checking first whether the data is all available offline before you start trying to connect to spotify and potentially give errors.

2 Replies

Hey @omnia87,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, Spotify will play downloaded files with no need for connectivity only if the Offline Mode (Set the app to Offline Mode) is switched on. Although it might sound obvious, would you mind double-checking this feature is switched on before going ahead and playing downloaded songs with no connectivity? 

If you keep receiving error messages despite making sure the feature is on, it'd be great if you'd share some screenshot of what you see. It'll help us look into what you're reporting in greater detail. 

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear mario, thanks for your response. I know about the Offline Mode feature, it's off, that's not the point.

I just can't quite understand why there would be a freeze in the app (loading screen) at any point when it comes to an album I downloaded fully. As a programmer I just can't accept that you didn't include an if statement somewhere that basically goes straight to the album if it's downloaded, rather than make any attempt to send a request to the spotify server and then wait for that. Everything is right there, why not skip the request? It's poor coding.

Suggested posts