Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does app keep saying I'm off line when i am connected wifi. I posted this on wifi

Why does app keep saying I'm off line when i am connected wifi. I posted this on wifi

When trying to use this app connected to wifi i ger not connected to internet. I am clearly connected to internet. As i posted this from the same phone connected to wifi. Is it meant to eat cellular data. Big disappointment
11 Replies

Hi. Have you check the offline mode option is on? Go to settings and see if it's on.

This has been happening since i added the app off line is not on. I couldnt even sign in the first time i added app unless my wifi is turned off. I can use app as long as cellular data is on and wifi is off. All my other apps work with wifi but this one. I hear I'm not the inly one having this issue

It seems like a network problem. Try to disable your firewall on your router and check

I have already tried that. I also uninstalled app after i did a phone
reset. Same problem. But every other app works fine. Spotify is the only
one that makes me use data in stead of wifi

I have same problem! The application is okay when i use cellular data, but when i use WiFi the application say that i am offline. And isn't it, because i use other app with no problem!

I suspect that this issue is connected with the spotify's credential. In fact i don't use Facebook and i am registered in Spotify.

I'm having same problem with my Z3. I think it has started fairly recently, possibly after the last update. Very annoying...

Yes, i use Spotify regulary until May and no problem. But with new update i found this problem not only on my smartphone (Nexus 5), but also in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo's family. I can say that this problem does not matter with the Spotify account, because i asked if the application works with Facebook account and the answer is no.
With this problem i can't use Spotify! I hope that can fix it!

I know there were some offline issues with the beta app where it would constantly think you are offline. Maybe the same issue plagues the release version. This has now been fixed in the beta so i would expect to see an update soon to hopefully correct this issue with those on the release candidate.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you for the answer! The problem is that this issue is appeared some month ago and although have been released new upgrade (two remote some weeks), the problem is again here. Hopefully that as you can say the issued will fix soon!

It was only fixed in the beta in the last couple of days so wouldnt have been in the general releases yet. Will hopefully be in the next release, although I don't know when it will be out it will hopefully be soon as there are a few bugs fixed so should be ready for an RC soon.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you! Hopefully that issued will fix soon, because i can't use Spotify in this mouths...

Suggested posts