Announcements

Why is shuffle play ALWAYS default, FORCED?

Solved!

Why is shuffle play ALWAYS default, FORCED?

fredphoesh
Gig Goer

It is very annoying that one has to first Shuffle play a playlist and then go to the Now Playing and then tap on the shuffle icon to be able to TURN OFF Shuffle and to play the next tracks in order. This is ridiculous because we might be playing the second last track in the playlist because shuffle chose that! So come on, have it an option to shuffle play or not in the settings by default! 

Surely it would make more sense to just start a playlist in order and then choose Shuffle play if you want rather than mess it up by doing it this way. 

Mark. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Why is shuffle play ALWAYS default, FORCED?

wiednine
Visitor

Don't be confused by the big green shuffle play button, it is TERRIBLE user interface design. That button ONLY means "Shuffle Play", it never means just "Play".  So to listen to an album in normal order, just tap the first track.  Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Guido
Spotify Legend

Hello @fredphoesh,

When you upgrade from Free to Premium you should be able to choose if you'd like to Shuffle, or not.

If you feel like the Shuffle feature is stuck, try to reinstall the app using these instructions.

Be sure to log in with the correct account of course! Open up the email you received after subscribing to Premium as this email contains the username of the account that has been upgraded to Premium. It's very easy to create an account with us so it could be the case that you have a second (Free) account you do not know about.

Hope it works! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

fredphoesh
Gig Goer

see new reply. Play button ONLY exists on desktop Spotify, not the mobile version for Android.

fredphoesh
Gig Goer

Nope, this does not help.

I have one exactly as instructed in the link you gave, cleared cache, data, uninstall, turn off, turn on, reinstall, log in with same username as in the payment confirmation email from spotify... and still SHUFFLE is all that is always offered...

Can someone help me please?

BTW at the top of this web page, it says Get Premium and my username is displayed next to it... which is giving me the idea that though I have paid, and though I do not get adverts, my account has a glitch in it, and only partially "premium"

Solution!

wiednine
Visitor

Don't be confused by the big green shuffle play button, it is TERRIBLE user interface design. That button ONLY means "Shuffle Play", it never means just "Play".  So to listen to an album in normal order, just tap the first track.  Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

fredphoesh
Gig Goer
Guido, the problem is the very bad interface. When you go to an album and you want to play it, you get faced with a huge SHUFFLE button, but no play button. There is no such button at all, not on any Android version of Spotify. You have to know that you must tap the first song, and then it will play the playlist/album in order. VERY poor interface. It should allow you to choose Play OR Shuffle, or to just PLAY and then allow you to change the shuffle mode, as with the desktop app.

lubos
Roadie

It would probably be good to set the album playback preference and especially the playlist playback preference in the settings. There are a lot of people who would set playlists to play randomly and play albums in order

SUGGESTED POSTS