Why is shuffle play ALWAYS default, FORCED?

Why is shuffle play ALWAYS default, FORCED?

fredphoesh
Gig Goer

It is very annoying that one has to first Shuffle play a playlist and then go to the Now Playing and then tap on the shuffle icon to be able to TURN OFF Shuffle and to play the next tracks in order. This is ridiculous because we might be playing the second last track in the playlist because shuffle chose that! So come on, have it an option to shuffle play or not in the settings by default! 

Surely it would make more sense to just start a playlist in order and then choose Shuffle play if you want rather than mess it up by doing it this way. 

Mark. 

3 Replies

Re: Why is shuffle play ALWAYS default, FORCED?

Hello @fredphoesh,

When you upgrade from Free to Premium you should be able to choose if you'd like to Shuffle, or not.

If you feel like the Shuffle feature is stuck, try to reinstall the app using these instructions.

Be sure to log in with the correct account of course! Open up the email you received after subscribing to Premium as this email contains the username of the account that has been upgraded to Premium. It's very easy to create an account with us so it could be the case that you have a second (Free) account you do not know about.

Hope it works! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

fredphoesh
Gig Goer

Thanks Guido, it seems to be working now, PLAY is default.... :)

fredphoesh
Gig Goer

Nope, this does not help.

I have one exactly as instructed in the link you gave, cleared cache, data, uninstall, turn off, turn on, reinstall, log in with same username as in the payment confirmation email from spotify... and still SHUFFLE is all that is always offered...

Can someone help me please?

BTW at the top of this web page, it says Get Premium and my username is displayed next to it... which is giving me the idea that though I have paid, and though I do not get adverts, my account has a glitch in it, and only partially "premium"

SUGGESTED POSTS