Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why the constant UI updates and why does my playlist keep re-dowloading songs?

Why the constant UI updates and why does my playlist keep re-dowloading songs?

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Pixel 3, though the problem has migrated several phones

My Questions and issues

I'm just getting quite frustrated to be honest- I've had Spotify for probably 6 years plus now and I don't understand firstly:

Why there is the constant need to update the UI of the app? I get used to how it works, then it changes. It doesn't get better either, the most recent update makes it more difficult to view the albums and singles of an artist for Pete's sake, why?!? 

Secondly, why does my app keep re-downloading songs for my main playlist? I open the app and several times a week it will say that songs are downloading to a playlist despite me not adding new songs. As well as this, the same playlist has songs vanish from it regularly without warning. How can this be happening?

I would appreciate any help of advice, thank you. 

2 Replies

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having issues!

Spotify is always trying to make their interface better for the userbase, so they test out new features pretty often! You can read more about that here.

If there's a feature you don't like, people often post on the Idea Submissions forum to discuss removal/bringing an old feature back, so feel free to contribute any thoughts you have over there 🙂

For the song download issues, what usually happens for me is when my device doesn't have enough storage, some of the songs are removed from my downloads on Spotify to make space automatically. It may be worth clearing some space if the issue continues!

Let me know if this works for you! If not, I'll see what else I can suggest 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

hi, thanks for the reply. In terms of the features I'll look at that board. With regards to the songs that keep downloading, my phone has over 20gb of storage left so it's definitely not a storage issue. On most days when I open Spotify at some point in the day it will start downloading songs for my playlist even though I've changed nothing about the playlist. As well as this, songs go missing from the playlist and I don't discover this until I visit the artist and notice that songs I should have downloaded no longer have the green symbol next to them. Thanks for any help

Suggested posts