Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Work-around for "Connecting to Spotify" Android Notification

Work-around for "Connecting to Spotify" Android Notification

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Here's what I did to get rid of it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running Android Oreo:

1. Open the App Notification settings for Spotify. You can quickly access this by sliding the notification sideways:App Notification shortcutApp Notification shortcut

2. Once in the App Notification settings, look for External applications:External applications notificationExternal applications notification

3. You can either
    1. Switch External applications completely OFF and the notification will be gone.External applications OFFExternal applications OFF

2. Or you can set the Importance to Low. If set to Low, the notification will still be there but it will not display an icon at the top.Importance LowImportance Low

I don't know what the External applications notification is for. Depending on the purpose of the notification, it may or may not have a huge impact on the app. For this particular one, I can still play music on Spotify.

Music still playsMusic still plays

It doesn't seem to have any negative effects. However, just based on the name of the notification alone, it seems to have something to do with connecting to other applications, so that might get affected.

If you do follow this advice and start experiencing problems, you can always turn the notification back ON under Settings > Apps > Spotify > Notifications.

Hope this helps others.

1 Reply

Hey @rexmtorres!

Thanks for sharing this workaround with us. You can also find some extra troubleshooting steps in case this happens again here.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts