Wrong song showing on Notification Bar

Plan

Premium

Device

Google Pixel 4

Operating System

Android 11 / 12 

My Question or Issue

I've had this issue for 3 or 4 weeks, the song showing on the notification bar is different from the one playing (see screenshots).

I have to restart the app for the right song to show, then it happens again, the one on the notification bar is stuck (controls work though). 

Also, from time to time, the song Pauses unexpectedly.

I am using latest Spotify Update to date, and this was happening on Android 11 and now 12. 

2.jpg
1.jpg
4 Replies

Hi @ojchavez2021,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Can you check if toggling on/off "Background App Refresh" for Spotify in your phone's settings updates correctly the playback notification? Please make sure to restart your phone after changing any setting. 

If it doesn't do the trick, then we suggest you run a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had this issue as well because I disabled Spotify's notifications permissions. Once I re-enabled playback notifications, the issue was resolved.

Thank you so much, was a quick fix.

Hey there folks!

We can see that this thread has been getting a lot of views lately. The solutions and steps provided here can usually help.

However, in march 2024, we have a new trend about this here. Feel free to have a look there, should the issue persist.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts