Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Xiaomi Mi A3 LTE

Operating System

Android One

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have bought myself a new phone (I used to have an also Xiaomi but it was Xiaomi Mi Max and different OS) and when I installed Spotify suddenly I can not download anything, like anytching at all, not single song and I primary use Spotify in offline mode to listen my music offline so I really need to make it work. I have premium account and I paid for this month so this should not be a problem at all. On my computer there I can normally download anything but on the mobile phone nothing. The arrow which usually turns green when it is downloading is still just gray and "waiting for downloading".... Please anybody help 😄

5 Replies

Hey @21ihny3ibyw5lhk,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

This issue usually occurs because of a problem with the network. Do you mind switching to another network (either mobile or WiFi) and letting us know if that fixes things?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hi, I tried to use networks at home, at work and also at my bf home and
just nothing, no matter where I am but downloading is just not working, the
arrow is still grey and there si still "waiting for downloading" but on my
computer everything works just fine, so I really do not know....🤔

Hey @21ihny3ibyw5lhk,

Thanks for trying those steps 🙂

Could you check to see where your offline music is being saved by default by going to Settings in the Spotify app and scrolling to the bottom where it says Other > Storage? If you could include a screenshot of this menu, that would be great 🙂

In the meantime, you could also try the following and then try to download some music again:

• perform a clean reinstall of the app, making sure to clear all app data in the process (step 4 in this support article)
  • remove all your offline devices by going here

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

Hi Peter,

I'm facing the same issue, the phone is actually doing it with every media content of applications. I hope it will be fixed soon...
Any help with it will be appreciated but they might be something wrong with the device itself here...

Hi, I'm having the same issues to. My songs won't be able to download. I've uninstalled the application and it didn't work. I did as what you said and it still didn't work. So please help me out with this.

Suggested posts