Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

You are currently set to offline error

Solved!

You are currently set to offline error

Plan

Family Premium

Device

Poco X3 NFC (Surya)

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I've been getting the well known "You are currently set to offline" error. Once every x days I can login anyways but then all songs are greyed out or are playable, but the latter hardly happens.

Steps I've taken:

Everything every other thread about this already recommends (restarting, reinstalling, you name it), firewall off/on, with/without VPN, clearing data/cache, I've been trying everything I can think off and everything that's recommended for the past two weeks.

I've got a stable, unlimited 4G subscription/connection (and literally every other app works fine) but tested on wifi as well with the exact same result.

I can provide a logcat if necessary and feel free to provide technical instructions or ask technical questions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to resolve by clearing app data on mobile, App Info->Storage and Cache->Clear Storage. Sucks because I have to redownload all my offline songs, but works.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey there @nopenopenooope,

Thanks for the post!

Can you try the following:

1. Close the Spotify app.
  2. Click on the Start Icon.
  3. Write cmd to open the Command Prompt.
  4. The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns and press ENTER.
  5. They should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
  6. Open the Spotify application.

Let us know if that helped.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I think I mentioned clearly that I have this issue on Android?
Also, I use Ubuntu for my desktop, don't use windows at all.

Any idea as for Android on this one? If I'm missing something, please do let know, thanks!

Yes, I've been having this problem on Android for quite a while.  Still looking for solution.

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on this thread.

Can you let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Also, if you're using an SD card please remove it and test the app again. 

If these steps don't do the trick, please share with us a screenshot of the app showing the error. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

Keep us posted!

Maria_BModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi,

I've done like 10+ reinstalls by now so I don't think trying yet again is going to solve this.

See the attached screenshot! And again, Spotify is the only app not working on my phone right now, the rest works just fine.

The sd card is brand new and recently formatted, works fine for everything else! (Did a check though and it's working fine)

Screenshot_20210720-064339122 (1).jpg

Hi there @nopenopenooope,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

In this case we suggest that you contact out customer support and tell them that you need help with removing any possible corrupted device you have on your Spotify account.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

Should I just email the office@ address of my country?

Also, how would a corrupted device have any influence on the signin process? That makes no sense 😅

Let me know, thanks!

Hi again @nopenopenooope,

Thank you for your reply.

Should should head over to Customer Service and Support > point 3 Contact us and fill out the form.

It can depend on old cache files that's causing this, so we suggest that you contact our customer support so that they can remove them directly from their end since we don't have the access so remove them directly.

Keep us posted 🙂 

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

For others experiencing this, support just solved it for me:

Data got corrupted when downloading an album for offline listening, they removed this (or something like that) and did something else I'm not sure about which solved the issue!

Hopefully this helped someone (CC @Trader_Zane)

Hi again @nopenopenooope,

Thank you for getting back in touch and for sharing what worked for you.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hi, you never experienced the log in error again and did not have to delete and reinstall? 
@nopenopenooope 

Marked as solution

I was able to resolve by clearing app data on mobile, App Info->Storage and Cache->Clear Storage. Sucks because I have to redownload all my offline songs, but works.

Suggested posts