Country

Australia

Device

Google Pixel 4XL

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hi team,

I recently updated my phone's OS and the Spotify app and since then my 'Your Daily Drive' has been glitching.

When a news podcast is finished playing (the second+ in the list, never the first one - that rolls into 2-3 songs like it should), the playlist skips back to the beginning intro track (where it says: "Your Daily Drive: a mix of news and music made for your commute") and starts the first news podcast again. It is very frustrating and I need to manually select the next thing I want to listen to. 

Additional info: it happens when every news podcasts ends, not just a particular one. 

I note I sometimes skip the songs first thing in the morning and smash all the news podcasts by skipping the songs and I'm wondering if this is contributing (noting I should be at liberty to skip songs and not have the whole playlist glitch - this was always how it worked before the respective updates). 

Other things I've noticed: there used to be 4 songs between news podcasts, now there is 3. Don't know if this is contributing. 

I hope you can fix this bug or give me some steps to try to resolve this. 

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey @aleerae,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We suggest you run a clean reinstall since this step can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction in the way you're describing. You can find the necessary steps here.  Make sure to also restart your device - this is a very effective step, but but often skipped.

If that doesn't fix things we're going to need a bit more info about your set-up when this behavior comes up. Are you streaming directly from your phone or connected to the cars head unit? If it's the latter, what's the connection type (Bluetooth, Android auto, etc..)? Are you using Car view and does this come up in other situations? 

It would be helpful if you could create another playlist with both podcasts and songs and let us know if the playlists skips back to the beginning there as well.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts