Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

android friends list doesn't match mac desktop following list

android friends list doesn't match mac desktop following list

my friends list on my android spotify app doesn't match the friends on the following tab of my mac desktop spotify program. i'm unable to share music and playlists with new friends from my phone.

i don't have facebook connected and have simply found the friends through other friends i'm already following.

thank you!

mac os 10.8.4

2.5 ghz intel core i5

4 gb 1333 mhz ddr3

att samsung galaxy s3

android version 4.1.1

8 Replies

That sounds strange to us, the profiles you're following should be the same across all platforms.

Have you tried reinstalling on both platforms? And how many extra profiles are you seeing on one rather than the other?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

i just tried reinstalling the mac app and the android app.

when i click on the "follow" item under "main" on the mac app, i am following 38 bands and people.

when i click on the "friends" item on the android app, i am following 11 friends but no bands. the friends are not synced with the friends on the mac app -- i.e. i have removed and added friends and these changes are not showing up.

thanks!

Screenshot_2013-07-08-13-07-48.png
Spotify.jpg

Hi. I think the android app only shows facebook friends, not folk you have followed.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm more interested in having my friends listed than the artists. Any thoughts there?

Hmmm.......I've never looked at that in the desktop client but, like you, my friends section is empty. Maybe someone else can explain this to us 🙂

In the list Friends on the Spotify App on my Android Phone (HTC One) I  lost some of my friends. They suddenly don't show up anymore in my list "Friends".
Can you tell me what to do to get them back in my list?

Wilma

I wonder if this is connected with the missing followers issue being reported here?

Same issue. Apparently it is impossible to add new friends from the android app. Furthermore, the friends and list of people I follow in my computer does not match with the list on my android app. On top of that, I can't share songs with someone I have recently begun to follow. It just does not appear in the autocomplete tab that usually appears when you send a song to someone within spotify. This is really annoying me.

Suggested posts