Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't download anymore songs, have 300

can't download anymore songs, have 300

I read this on a Solutions page- "You can have up to 3,333 tracks from the Spotify streaming catalogue synced for offline use, on each of up to 3 computers/devices at any time." But on my Android tablet it says it can't download anymore, there's about 300 songs on my main playlist, what do I do? Even when it's on offline mode I can't play songs at the end of the list.

For storage the bar looks like there's 1/5 left, it says there's 111 MB Available, and Internal storage says 87.26 available. I'm not tech savvy so I don't know if that's enough, but since there is space left why doesn't it let me add anymore spotify music?

Thanks!

(I posted this before but didn't get a 2nd reply after I replied a little late)

3 Replies

If it used up all of your free storage, your tablet would stop working completely. Try freeing up some space and see if that fixes things for you.

I got your reply and deleted a ton of apps I don't use, is that what you mean by freeing up storage? And the songs remain unable to download, and also I even deleted songs I skip a lot on my playlist, and I clicked on the device on spotify on my computer and tried to download songs that'd replace them, and it didn't even do that! So I have LESS now. A box popped up a few times saying "offline syncing has stopped as there is no more syncing left on this device," but there is- or what do I do besides delete apps?? I don't have any photos, and not even the cloud thing with docs from the computer.

This is where the storage is at now-

The bar where it was at 1/5 now is at 1/2. Available is 507MB. But I'm confused there's 2 internal storage bars, and the 2nd one didn't budge and it's almost full, and available says 60MB. So what is that cuz that seems to be the problem??

I'm frustrated because I buy premium since I don't have an mp3 player, and I'm kind of sick of these songs that I have now so I'm not getting my money's worth with this not working, and WHY would it say you can download 3, 333 songs if at 300 this is happening???

The 3,333 songs per device is a limit set by spotify but obviously another limit is how much available storage space you have - think of it like trying to empty a bath into a glass - it doesn't work. So go to your desktop client and uncheck any playlists marked as available offline and start again with another playlist. I think you're trying to add too many songs for the space you have available on your mobile.

Suggested posts