Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cant sync local files to mobile device.

cant sync local files to mobile device.

hi guys

i have tried to sync my local files on my computer to a playlist on my phone. i had songs in a playlist already synced and i wanted to add another song but it wouldnt work so i thought i would click the download buttom on the playlist and all the songs that i did have synced in the playlist went gray and then i tried to redownload all of them but it wouldnt let me redownload it and it said song unavailable. but the songs is still on my computer under local files and in the playlist i made but it wont sync. ive tried putting both devices offline then online, uninstalling the app on both devices and even deleted all the unavailable songs on the playlist and re download it. i put the song from my local files to the playlist again and i saw the songs pop up on the playist on my phone almost immediatley but still said its unavilable. ive tried almost everthing please help im a premium member. also yes i am on the same wifi network

3 Replies

Any issues are normally down to communication so here's a list of things to check if local files won't download.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

HEY!! i took your advice and looked at my firewall....turns out in my firewall settings had spotify blocked. spotify was blocked because i was on public connection type so i switched it to private and my firewall recognized that and allowed spotify to sync playlists. THANKS A LOT!

You're welcome.

Suggested posts