Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

disable album art

disable album art

Hello Everyone,

I am using Spotify with the german Telekom-Provider, where listening to Spotify Music is not counted on my Data-Volume.

The Problem i am facing is that the Telekom does not include the Data-traffic for downloading album art and therefore my Traffic is pretty fast limited because i do only have 300mb of Datavolume.

Is there any way i can disable Album Covers being downloaded?

3 Replies

Hi there, natively there is no switch for this, although the data usage should be very small.

If you are rooted you may be able to hunt down and disable the relevant service pulling the artwork, but I do think there's minimal gain from this as I do think the actual size of data is tiny.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I didnt track it but actually i think the data usage is not that small.. considering one image being around 100kb, which is absolutely possible, that would make 10MB of data usage for 100 Songs, and since im using Spotify on a daily base this will make a significant amount of my 300mb overall data. I will check if there is any posibility with root

Thank you anyway

I use an app called 'Disable Service' if you're rooted. Try disabling a service at a time to see if any of these block the wallpaper downloading.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wq.disableservice&hl=en

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts