Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how best to download playlist onto android to play offline ?

how best to download playlist onto android to play offline ?

Help am new to spotify...just made myself a playlist on my android phone, go to download it and its taking forever and using heaps of data...whats the best way to get music on your android phone so you can play later without internet connection..? I am a premium customer....any advice most appreciated T10

6 Replies

probably want to make a small playlist of around 20-40 (depending on the length of the songs) of your favorite songs so that it won't take up as much data, also SD cards help with data space. That should fix time and data, seeing as 100 10-20 minute songs would take longer to download and use more space than 30 5 minute songs

Ok cheers thanks for the tips...i also managed to connect to wifi which made a huge difference...i read that your playlists only remain on your device for a certain amount of time, is this correct? Cheers

No, Your playlist deletes when you want to delete it, The best way for you to save a lot of space on your phone is to get an SD card for an example an 8gb and store your songs onto it. 8 gbs is a lot and can hold more than 300 songs

Ok will do that...any card ok, i read some people had formatting issues wih SD cards...appreciate this help as am not that techno savy

The only issue you will have with an SD card is if you have tooo many things on it and no space and secondly if you take it out and try to listen to songs. Once you store it into the SD card you will need the sd card to listen offline 

:3

Awesome thankyou 🙂

Suggested posts