(huawei y6 2019)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

Threadtitle say all. Please help. I need Music on my Way's

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Sk3y

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If the app stops playing after locking the screen on your Huawei device we suggest starting with a clean reinstall to check if this can solve the issue for you. We recommend this steps as it helps you avoid issues related to cache or corrupted files from previous installations of Spotify.  

In case this persists after the clean reinstall, check if any power saving or data cleaning settings are running on your mobile device. If so, make sure you disable these since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Sk3y

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If the app stops playing after locking the screen on your Huawei device we suggest starting with a clean reinstall to check if this can solve the issue for you. We recommend this steps as it helps you avoid issues related to cache or corrupted files from previous installations of Spotify.  

In case this persists after the clean reinstall, check if any power saving or data cleaning settings are running on your mobile device. If so, make sure you disable these since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

I've got a similar problem. Sometimes when my phone(Samsung Galaxy S8) is locked the music stops playing. And some other time a song or two and just in the middle of the song it's stops playing. Then I have to open spotify again to press play. But the song is starting at the beginning instead of where it stopped.

A clean installation doesn't help for me. On desktop or playing with soundbar or television works fine. 

Same with me. not in a battery saving list, and a clean installation doesn't help.
Pls help

Hey @timmetju and @Hawks3615,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

It would seem that some app or setting on your device is preventing the app from running when the screen is locked. Head over to the settings of your phone and make sure that all permissions are enabled and Background activity is enabled. Note that the name and location these menus may differ between phones. If you have any battery optimization or cache clearing apps, disable them as well and restart your phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts