Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local music and Spotify in mobile

Solved!

local music and Spotify in mobile

Hi.
Can you advise how can I get music files to Spotify playlist, both in one htc one?
Also cannot find Spotify downloads anywhere in mobile files - downloads, music, sdcard...
Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nope. If you want mp3's you need to purchase them from another source I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

If you want to access local files inside Spotify on your mobile device, you need to sync your device with Spotify on your computer

Peter

Thanks, but the matter is that music files are also in the mobile device. Just how to paste in the mobile music files to Spotify playlist.

Unfortunately Spotify on mobile can't access music files stored on your device outside of Spotify.

Peter

Pity. But Thanks.

I cannot find Spotify downloads in mobile files. Downloads, Music....

Spotify stores tracks in its own internal encrypted cache to prevent piracy of tracks. You can only play Spotify content through the Spotify app.

Peter

So not sny chance to paste Spotify music to stsndart mp3 files?
Marked as solution

Nope. If you want mp3's you need to purchase them from another source I'm afraid.

Peter

When i originally started using spotify on my mobile i could see the local MP3's but now i can't is there a fix for this. As i own the cd or have downloaded from Amazon as an MP3 and own the MP3 as a digital original i can't play on spotify anymore.

You need to synch local files following the steps here to be able to play them on a mobile device.

The redesigned android application which came out a long way back now lost the ability to see local files stored on your android device. If you want to listen to local files in Spotify, you need to sync them to your device from the desktop client I'm afraid. 

Peter

Suggested posts