Premium

Country

USA

Device

Moto E4 Plus

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I just updated to the most recent version of Spotify this morning, and when I went to download my music to my SD card (the downloads just erase themselves from time to time, I'm not sure why), there is no longer an option to select a download location. Under "Storage," the only option is to delete cache, and under "Other," the only option is to log out. There is a graphic under "Storage" that is new that seems to have replaced the option. Downloading on this SD card has given me no problems until this update. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, restarting my phone, unmounting and re-mounting the SD card, and all combinations of the three. It seems like the update just removed the option. Is there any way to fix this? The whole reason I pay for premium is so I can download my music.

39507321_458000924699440_8603309334908108800_n.png
2 Replies

Hey there @gigla101

If you're still having trouble with downloading songs to your SD card, could you please let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running? 🙂

Just let me know, and I'll see what I can suggest!

Here is a method I've found that allows me to save music to the SD card - please bear in mind this involves losing all data on the SD though:

1. Clear Data and Uninstall Spotify.
  2. Format your SD card as external storage then eject it from your phone.
  3. Reinstall Spotify, sign in and then download a few playlists.
  4. When the playlists are downloaded, put the SD card back in your phone and format it as internal. When the phone has finished formatting, an option should come up to migrate data to the SD, accept this.
  5. When data is migrated, go into Spotify and download everything else you want. It should all be saved on your SD even though it may not seem that way. 

Hope this helps!

Alex

Suggested posts