Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

question about offline playlist on my phone...having to re download

Solved!

question about offline playlist on my phone...having to re download

I'm soon going to be going on a trip and have made a great playlist of about 500 songs. I had the playlist downloaded to my phone so I could listen to it offline at work. When scrolling I acccidently tapped the offline sync tab and I lost the playlist. The next chance I had access to wifi I clicked the offline sync again and it had to download the entire playlist over again, which took quite a while with such a long playlist.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here. Shouldn't it download to my phone and the information stay on my phone?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @promark135, sorry you have to download again but that's how offline option works on spotify. When you activate the offline option on any playlist it means it will download all the songs on that playlist for you when you don't have any internet connection. Once, you desactivate the offline option it means you are online again and ready for streaming so you don't need those downloaded songs and they will be erased from your phone. That's how it works, spotify is mainly a streaming music service rather than an another local media player.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @promark135, sorry you have to download again but that's how offline option works on spotify. When you activate the offline option on any playlist it means it will download all the songs on that playlist for you when you don't have any internet connection. Once, you desactivate the offline option it means you are online again and ready for streaming so you don't need those downloaded songs and they will be erased from your phone. That's how it works, spotify is mainly a streaming music service rather than an another local media player.

Suggested posts