Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Sorry account is used elsewhere" when trying to use Android device as remote for Google Home

"Sorry account is used elsewhere" when trying to use Android device as remote for Google Home

So this has only started happening today so not sure if caused by an update from Spotify or Google...

I can "cast" music to my Google home from the spotify app no problem (press play then select Google home speaker as device). Works fine. 

However, if i use my phone to skip to next song, casting immediatly stops and Google declasre "Sorry, streaming has stopped because your account is being used elsewhere". 

I know that there are no other devices using my account. Have revoked access everywhere and signed everyone out. 

Anyone else experienced this?

2 Replies

Yes, just started to experience that too. It plays fine, casting to stereo via Chrome cast, then as soon as I stop, pause, change track or similar, I get the message that the account is in use elsewhere. Even seconds after logging out from all devices. Really annoying! 

Yup having this same issue today. Seems like a new bug with Android and/or Chromecast and Spotify pops up almost weekly at the moment. If it wasn't for my playlists I'd happily dump Spotify for Google music.

Suggested posts