Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shortcuts

I recently discovered a shortcut to an artist I follow on one of my home screens. I did not create it and did not even know that was possible. I have been a Spotify user for a long time now and would like to know how this happened and if it is a new ...

• I recently discovered a shortcut to an artist I follow on one of my home screens.  I did not create it and did not even know that was possible.  I have been a Spotify user for a long time n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix has disappeard from my library.

Pretty recently I noticed the the Daily Mix playlists have disappeared from my library on both my android and desktop versions of Spotify. I loved the Daily Mixes and I've been trying to find out what happened (Googling, Reddit browsing, etc), but no...

• Pretty recently I noticed the the Daily Mix playlists have disappeared from my library on both my android and desktop versions of Spotify. I loved the Daily Mixes and I've been trying to find out wha...
  • 18umerova81
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't log in

I'm trying to log in to my spotify and the "log in" button turns to "logging in" and the back to "log in" and nothing happens! why? how can I solve this?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to log in to my spotify and the "log in" button turns to "logging in" and the back to "log in" and nothing happens! why? how can I solve this?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login with correct password

I'e changed my password multiple times and used the correct password after. However, I still cannot login. It's been 3 days. Anyone have a solution?

• Casual Listener
  • I'e changed my password multiple times and used the correct password after. However, I still cannot login. It's been 3 days. Anyone have a solution? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Different version?

Anybody know why my spotify is different than my friend's. We have the same galaxy s7 and installed spotify within minutes of each other. I found it is easier to create playlists on mine so we want them to work the same!

• Anybody know why my spotify is different than my friend's.  We have the same galaxy s7 and installed spotify within minutes of each other.  I found it is easier to create playlists on mine ...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Make playing music instantly FREE

OK, this has really **bleep** me off. I can't play any tracks I want to play, saying it's a premium feature. Make it **bleep**ing free, will you?

• Casual Listener
  • OK, this has really **bleep** me off. I can't play any tracks I want to play, saying it's a premium feature. Make it **bleep**ing free, will you?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops working while downloading

When I try to download new music Spotify will suddenly shut down. How can I fix this?

• When I try to download new music Spotify will suddenly shut down. How can I fix this?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify connect not working on marantz

Just got marantz sr7009 and using android phone app. Receiver does not show up as connect device.

• Casual Listener
  • Just got marantz sr7009 and using android phone app. Receiver does not show up as connect device.
  • WMAX
  • Regular
  • 114 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 114 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify Is Stuck With The Old Interface

I'm using an international varient of the S8 and have updated my spotify to the latest version but my spotify app design is still Stuck with the old one not the one with the full album cover when you play a song, it's still stuck with the old grey in...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using an international varient of the S8 and have updated my spotify to the latest version but my spotify app design is still Stuck with the old one not the one with the full album cover when you...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot connect to Google Home and Home Mini with Spotify 8.4.42.722 armV7

Out of sudden, probably since the latest Spotify Android app update, I cannot connect to my Google Home and Home Mini anymore. When I tell it to connect, it says "Verbinden..." (Connecting) for some seconds, the music actually starts streaming on the...

• Regular
  • Out of sudden, probably since the latest Spotify Android app update, I cannot connect to my Google Home and Home Mini anymore.  When I tell it to connect, it says "Verbinden..." (Connecting) for...
  • tsdh
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    google cast
    Google Home
    Google Home Mini
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode And Logging In

So this rarely happens, but it's really quite annoying when it does. There are times that I set my Spotify on my Android phone to "offline" - especially before a long business trip. What happens is that somewhere, Spotify decides to log itself out of...

• So this rarely happens, but it's really quite annoying when it does.   There are times that I set my Spotify on my Android phone to "offline" - especially before a long business trip. What hap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bugs
    logging in
    logging in issues
    offline mode
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume automatically decreases when skipping/rewinding song

Whenever I skip a song the volume automatically decreases, but it doesn't do it through my device just through Spotify itself. Example if volume is turned all the way up and it decreases, there's no turning it up.

• Whenever I skip a song the volume automatically decreases, but it doesn't do it through my device just through Spotify itself. Example  if volume is turned all the way up and it decreases, there...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Offline playlists

Hey guys first question so far. My question is this. If i'm downloading offline playists on my computer will they also work on my Samsung Galaxy S8? Also having the issue of having to redownload playlists every other time. which is rather annoying. t...

• Hey guys first question so far.   My question is this. If i'm downloading offline playists on my computer will they also work on my Samsung Galaxy S8? Also having the issue of having to redown...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage issues

I have the Spotify app on both my phone and tablet (both are android), and after awhile of using it on my tablet, it keeps taking up more and more space, but it doesn't do that on my phone. When I uninstall and reinstall the app, it takes up a lot le...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the Spotify app on both my phone and tablet (both are android), and after awhile of using it on my tablet, it keeps taking up more and more space, but it doesn't do that on my phone. When I un...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login

Getting crazy. Cannot login anymore. Changed my password 3x so this is not the issue. Reinstalled spotify twice. Still not resolved. Occurs on my Samsung tablet and on my Android . Once in a while I can enter spotify but it's only for a few seconds u...

• Getting crazy. Cannot login anymore. Changed my password 3x so this is not the issue. Reinstalled spotify twice. Still not resolved. Occurs on my Samsung tablet and on my Android . Once in a while I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle not shuffling

Hi. I've noticed that when I shuffle play a playlist made by me, it just play first all the songs that i recently added to that playlist, and so much later, the songs that were added before. It's not good at all because I listen to the same songs all...

• Hi. I've noticed that when I shuffle play a playlist made by me, it just play first all the songs that i recently added to that playlist, and so much later, the songs that were added before. It's not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio function is not showing on app.

I fount out that radio function on android is avaliabled in Thailand now but it is not showing on my app. I deleted and reinstalled it again but it is still not showing. My android version is 6.0.1.

• I fount out that radio function on android is avaliabled in Thailand now but it is not showing on my app. I deleted and reinstalled it again but it is still not showing. My android version is 6.0.1. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Wrong username or password on android

I have changed my password 3 times and can log into my account no problem, but when I try to log into my app on my Samsung, it states wrong username or password. Im using the correct details and was logged on a week ago so do not know why it is now s...

• I have changed my password 3 times and can log into my account no problem, but when I try to log into my app on my Samsung, it states wrong username or password. Im using the correct details and was ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

search issue

Can't play the songs that I search.Whenever I try playing them it shows-Sorry Something went wrong.That didn't work.Please have another go. Plz help

• Can't play the songs that I search. Whenever I try playing them it shows- Sorry Something went wrong.That didn't work.Please have another go.     Plz help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your Running Mix" gone

Hello my name is Jesus Ramirez and the "your running mix" has disappeared from my spotify. I'm not sure when it disappeared as last time I used it was early last month but this week when I went on a run I realised it was no longer available (not sure...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello my name is Jesus Ramirez and the "your running mix" has disappeared from my spotify. I'm not sure when it disappeared as last time I used it was early last month but this week when I went on a ...
  • slocheetah
  • 3 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 20 likes