Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device"

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device"

Hi,

Please help to solve above issue. I didn't use my others device with my account to play music, but this error comes.

I cast to my chromecast by play it first with my android then cast it to chromecast, but when i change the song in the middle this error will come

Thanks

5 Replies

If you are on Android device go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Spotify -> Advanced -> Battery -> Power-saving feature -> In Ecceptions tab check "Spotify".

Screenshot_20190928-122829.png

What does power savings exceptions have to do with the complaint? If I hear "Sorry, the music stopped since your Spotify account is being used on another device" one more time, I'm going to destroy everything Google and Spotify. Why both? Because I don't know what the source of the problem is. Most of the time the message is simply false. Even when it's true, I have no interest in hearing this. I hate it with a passion.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We just came across this thread.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

For me it working as expected now. Instead of stopping the music on current device and warning me that Spotify is being used on another device, it stops the music on the other device and starts playing on current device. That's exactly what I want to do - just switch from one device to other one. 

Hey @jacytysz,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear it's working as expected for you again.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts