Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This track is not availible" when restarting/resuming Spotify

"This track is not availible" when restarting/resuming Spotify

Hi,

Description

For a while now (some months?) I've experienced an annoying bug that I would like someone from the Spotify team to investigate.

I have synced a couple of albums and usually I listen to those (via "Your Music" -> "Albums") and I am online via the cellular network. I am often pausing my listening since I am normally listening to it while working and get interrupted by different reasons. When I resume my listening I fire up Spotify again and expect to just push the play button to continue from where I paused.

But sometimes the Spotify client shows me the album I listened to and displays this message in the bottom of the screen for a few seconds: "This track is not availible" and it seems like Spotify does not remember at all which of the tracks it played before pausing.

It seems like the time between the pause/play for triggering this message is variable. Sometimes I can't resume after 10 minutes and sometimes I can succesfully resume after many hours.

I also haven't seen any patterns that would indicate that this is caused by using other apps while paused. If I browse, play games and watch youtube videos etc for a couple of hours I can sometimes still be able to continue playing from the expected time in the correct track.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

Start Spotify

Select a random album under "Your Music" -> "Albums"

Pause

(Wait some time)

Start Spotify

Problem is randomly triggered.

What I expected to happen

Spotify starts with the bar in the bottom with the current track.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195)

Device’s Operating System

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

1.3 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

N/A

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

Yes

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

Yes

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Dunno

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

N/A

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

N/A

My mobile provider and country

Telia, Sweden

My username

gannon

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Spotify login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No

Edit:

It seems like this is a duplicate of this bug:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/BUG-Spotify-forgets-last-played-song-in-playlist-after-...

Except that there is no mention of the "This track is not availible" messge in that thread.

One of the reasons that I didn't spot that thread was that  I didn't find it in the "Spotify Bugs" forum where I think it really should be placed.

0 Replies

Suggested posts