Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"You cannot play this track offline" What? PLEASE HELP!

Solved!

"You cannot play this track offline" What? PLEASE HELP!

I have been a premium member since Janurary so I've listened to music on mobile for a while. But these past couple of days I CAN'T PLAY MY MUSIC!!! I log on the mobile spotify app and I click on any song and it says: "You cannot play this track offline" I don't get it! Ive been listening since Jan all fine, and why does it say I can't play music offline when I am in the app looking through my playlists. I launch the app, I see that I am logging in while I wait to see the menu and all my playlist fonts are grayed not white! I tried turning off my phone many times and logging off and on many times. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to get around this problem by doing the following: 

1. Removing all cached/offline data

2. Deleting the entire app from my phone and downloading/re-installing. 

Don't know if both of the steps are necessary [might be able to get away with just doing one or the other and restarting your phone]. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Same here. Im shown as offline constantly. Its really annoying as ive been a Premium member for over a year. I get a new phone (Supported by Spotify), and its constantly shown as Offline with the tracks "greyed" out. Does anyone know how to fix this as Im paying £9.99 a month for naff all to be honest!

Same here, and my phone is in the 'supported phone list'. This is crap, when will you fix the app?

This needs fixing asap, mobile access is the reason I have a premium account. I will not keep it if the mobile access is faulty. I'd like to add that my tablet works much better when tethered to my phone and not very well when connected to wifi!

Same issue both on HTC Once X and Asus Transformer Prime. Logging in and out usually works a while, but too tedious every time you want to use spotify.

Same problem here. Why isn't these things fixed, and why doesn't spotify offer some kind of support? 

Marked as solution

I was able to get around this problem by doing the following: 

1. Removing all cached/offline data

2. Deleting the entire app from my phone and downloading/re-installing. 

Don't know if both of the steps are necessary [might be able to get away with just doing one or the other and restarting your phone]. 

I have not had this issue with the Android preview (not the only thing improved), might be worth å shot: http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotifyAndroid.apk

Suggested posts