Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify mobile allowing download playlist only, not streaming

spotify mobile allowing download playlist only, not streaming

Hi there,

Have a samsung gt-i5800 which has the spotify app installed. However, it only appears to download playlists rather than simply streaming over wifi. I dont havethis same issue with the galaxy note 2.

Tried to isolate issue from account or hardware. The account works fine on the galaxy note 2. Where am I going wrong?

Are the free mobile accounts only able to download playlists?

Cheers in advance.

4 Replies

The free version shouldn't allow downloading, only streaming.

Can you login to your account and see what your subscription is? Free/Unlimited/Premium? It may also be worth clearing the application data (on the phone/tablet go to 'settings - Apps' scroll to Spotify and open it, then press the 'Clear Data' button).

This will wipe all stored data, playlists, account info & application settings. Once done, try opening the app and logging back in and see if this has resolved the issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Sorry to jump in but if you are not using android 2.3 or newer, you will not be able to use the new free spotify on the device I'm afraid as it isn't capable of running the more recent versions of spotify.

@jwylot wrote:

Sorry to jump in but if you are not using android 2.3 or newer, you will not be able to use the new free spotify on the device I'm afraid as it isn't capable of running the more recent versions of spotify.

@GoOD point well made. @jwylot is 100% correct, your OS is maxed at 2.2 wheras you need Android 2.3 or greater for the free features to work.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yeah that would be it. The phone is running 2.1. Thanks for your help!

Suggested posts