Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify says i reached max limit for downloaded songs

spotify says i reached max limit for downloaded songs

I have  a premium spotify accoun and uses it frequently on my sony xperia z 

i made an installation of a previous versions of spotify to make it sync to my 64 gb SD card. 

Then uppgraded version.

Then i checked in what playlists i wanted synched to offline mode. 

Now spotify says i reaced maximum of downloadable tracks, so when i add songs to 

my playlists i already have it don't download them cause of that

please help with some kind of info, in this matter.

124 Replies

So I post that and get an automated reply

"congrats, you have a new rank in the Spotify community "

LOL I don't want a silly forum rank, I want a decent streaming product that doesn't have ridiculous limits that you hide deep in your terms and conditions.

I am a family subscriber for several years, discovered the limit while planning for a US road trip and hit the limit I did not know existed.

Been wasting my time writing messages like this ever since, hoping someone was actually bothered by unhappy customers.

Not much point having a feedback forum if you don't listen to over 300 pages of feedback on the limits going back over 5 years?

Wow!! This is frustrating!! My kids and wife had been using Spotify for a few years while I used Microsoft Groove.  I had been a user of the Microsoft music services since the early days of Zune (which was awesome!).  Since I had a huge library and listen to a very large variety of music I was never tempted to switch, until now...  This switch is only occurring due to Microsoft abandoning the Groove service.  Microsoft encouraged us Groove users to switch to Spotify and made it easy to migrate our libraries to Spotify.  The transition was very smooth until I started the download process...  Then I hit a wall 3333 song wall...  Guess after a short 2 weeks with Spotify I will move on...  Anyone have any recommendations??

Been with Google music for some time now. The app isn't quite as good, but
no download limits!

My daughters pressured me to leave Apple Family to Spotify- which I have done and now realise the limit.....completely useless and ridiculous. Can anyone explain the reason ?? I'll most likely go back to Apple......Alex H

Same here. This is so ridiculous! I was really looking forward to finally being able to download all the music I want to and now this happens. During your life you collect way more songs than 3,333! I was planning on having tens of thousands of songs and now I can’t even download half of the songs that I’d like to. Why am I PAYING for a service that limits the amount of music I can listen to? I really don’t wanna switch to another service but I’m so disappointed!

I've hit the limit as well.  3333 songs is nothing.  If they need to charge more money... just create another subscription above premium and charge whatever they need to charge. 

But seriously in this day and age it seems a little archaic that they have any such limitation.  What difference does it make if you listen to a song streamed or downloaded on the device?  The only difference it makes is the amount of money I end up paying on my phone bill, which benefits neither the artists or spotify.

and why exactly? 

• Frustrating, Arbitrary and unfair. I guess I'll have to look into an alternative since it's patently obvious nobody is reading this. 

Hi, I have downloaded about 300 songs and now I get the error "Epic collection". How is this possible?

Waleri

The download limit also applies to your computer so if you have any saved there you have to delete. That was my issue.

Hi, I only use Spotify on my phone.

Agreed if they don't lift the limit im out too. 3333 songs is so less..... i just signed up for a year.  Im going to spend the enitire year to build a playlist on another service and quit spotify 100% apple music cost the same per month and you get unlimited downloads unbelieveable.

I'm canceling my premium because of this dumb 3333 limit. 

I'm trying out Apple Music. I get to listen to all my own songs and they have curated lists. I got the Spotify family plan, got my wife and kids on it but now that I put Alexa in the house that's linked to my Spotify account, my wife and kids music is being picked up by Discover Weekly which has now rendered it useless to me. Yep- it's now costing me $25/month so I can both listen to my tunes and have curated lists that conform to my tastes. I will miss Discover Weekly- the Apple version is not as good but it'll do.

I'm amending my previous comment; Spotify doesn't allow Alexa to play different music in different rooms. Looks like Spotify is now dead to me. Moving the family to Amazon Music which allows for individual accounts in different rooms for Alexa. Same cost, deep enough library. Sorry Spotify, loved ya but time to move on. I'm staying in Apple Music for now.

a "solution" if ypu can call it that i use is , as i have a samsung phone, to install spotify in my secure folder too. this allows me to run two seperate copies of spotify allowing me to save up to 6666 songs offline. not a solution but certainly a work aroumd.

Not only that but i do NOT approve of my downloaded songs to be removed just because you can't keep up with the artist's royalty rights (in other words you don't pay them enough.) 

It is a giant rip-off when A) I can't download more than i would because i LOVE music (3333 is not a high number when there are over billions of songs in the world...)

B) Not at least, are you giving me a head's up when removing a song that I've added.

We deserve better service than you're providing!

Nobody who is a reasonable person has Data on all the time, Saved songs needs to be more end of story. Ther people are Yelling this and Spotify needs to rise to the occasion. what happened to good old customer service making everyone happy. Increase the limit. 

Gotta be realistic, to say that for those who think something is going to change, because of what we are doing here, are naive.

Why?

Because Spotify has gone public. As long as they can burn $ from the investors, no one from Spotify will care about what limit they set and how unhappy certain groups of customers are.

Time to move on guys.....

Google Play Music User

Hi.

I was a Google play music customer for a long time. Wanted to move away because of the crappy Android app. So I just went Spotify premium, and started to download tracks for offline listening. I have been hit by the 3333 limit. This is really ridiculous !!!

I'm now going to cancel my Premium and will go back to Google.

Stupid Spotify! You're doing a huge mistake on this!

Suggested posts