Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to login in spotify on android

Solved!

unable to login in spotify on android

Hey guys,

I just installed Spotify mobile on my Samsung Galaxy S2 but I am not able to login! I always get the error: "invalid username/password.

I tried to connect with my mail adress and my username (the 10 digits) but it doesn't work out. Password is 100% correct.

I am in China at the moment is maybe that the problem?

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

Alex

118 Replies

Hi amanda1983 - Are you signing in with your 'amanda1983' username, not your email?

If that doesn't work, try a quick password reset here: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

I downloaded Spotify to my LG Optimus L5 E610 phone. But I cannot log in. It's as if the login button is "broken" or something. I tried to log in using my spotify username (not via facebook), and the words 'logging in' flash quickly in the login button, but then it says 'login' in the button again and I cannot get past that stage. I've tried reinstalling the app several times, and I've changed the password. Can anyone give me any advice what to try next? Thank you!

Is anyone still experiencing this specific issue?

Community Ergo Sum

At least I still continue to have the same issue. 

I am experiencing exactly this problem with my LG Optimus E610. The Facebook login proceeds as far as the "logging in, please wait" and after that I only see the spotify background image. With the Spotify login nothing happens (the Login button just flashes).

Did you happen to try this?

go into System, Applications, Spotify and clear the cache and data?

Just to be safe, if you want, also do this for any browser apps you may be using on your phone.

Community Ergo Sum

Well, I tried it now. No help. I had just installed the application a few days ago, and never managed to log in, so the cache was empty anyway. Trying to figure out if it's spotify or my new phone that is the culprit, but in any case, my test use of spotify premium is not being very successful ;(

I just started using Spotify again today to really try it out but when I was tryiing to sync the playlists with my Samsung Galaxy S3, I kept getting an error that my phone didn't have an internet connection. I tried loggin out and loggin back in, but when I did that, It accepts my logins but then asks about connecting to Facebook. I don't want it to, so when I hit cancel, it takes me back to the login screen. How can I fix this so all I have to do is login with my regulary spotify info? I already tried clearing the cache. Thanks. 

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem. I fill in my facebook username and password, but nothing happens, it keeps saying 'Invalid username / password'. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in forward!, Mart

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. I created my account online using my Facebook-Login.

The same data also worked in the PC-app without any problems.

Then I installed the app on my Android Phone, and it just wouldn't accept my username and password.

I found the possibility to send yourself a login and password for other devices in my spotify account in the web.

But when I hit that button, I never receive any email. Yes, that eMail-Address is ok and yes I checked my SPAM-folder.

Even worse now: I can't restart the app on my android. I always closes automatically before I can do anything.

Any help appreciated.

Olaf

Ok, please ignore my previous post.

I un-installed the app, re-installed it again (didn't even reboot once), joined, chose Login with facebook again and this time it worked like a charm. It didn't even ask me for a login or password. I don't know what went wrong the first time, but I guess somehow the facebook-sync process must have failed.  Or maybe I was too fast for the databases of spotify, so while the PC app already worked, maybe the android related databases didn't have my credentials yet.

I just posted this in case somebody else runs into similar problems.

Enjoy the app.

Hello, i m having a similar issue with all my android devices, just joined premium.

I have a Moto g, and a generic tablet with anroid 4.1, both passed the test in m.spotify.com

I don t have a FB account, so i log with my user, but when i do i get an error, "we are experiencig problems, please try later"

Tried this befor becoming premium and had the same problem.

Already did all the trouble shooting.

Please help.

Thank you.

Same problems here, only I'm on a Note 3. 

Hello, please help. I have spotify premium on my mobile (S4) but cannot remember what email i registered with. I've forgotten my pw.

Hey folks, same problem here. I am prem. user and spotty works on apple dev. and pc but not on this android crap - galaxy covery 3. Thanks.

Good to see after 3 years this problem was f*cking fixed!! Seriously Spotify, what are you doing?! Canceling my subscription

Hello on my s4 mini when i try to log in on with my username and password it says - you already created an account with this email address - even though I am on the login NOT signup option. and when I try with facebook it says you have already authorized Spotify. In both cases, I cannot listen to any music or move past that page despite being "already authorized". I even tried the new signup option but in that case my email was already "in use". I pay premium subscription so this is not cool at all.

What to do?

Can you help me out I am new to the spotify community

I have a problem logging in to my spotify account. I can not seem to access my spotify account on my Tablet it seems to not let me log in. 

I have no issues logging in from my computer but I can't log in on my tablet. 

I am a premium member and I use the same username and password from  the computer and Tablet but on my Tablet it won't let me log in.

Can anyone help me out Please. 

Depuis quelque temps j'ai des coupures dans ma connexion sur ma tablette samsung mais j'ai toujours su y revenir. Aujourd'hui j'ai un écran noir (pendant que j'écoutais de la musique) et je n'arrive même plus à accéder au site. J'ai un message d'erreur "aucun espace de stockage trouvé. 

J'ai un abonnement à spotify premium par spotify (et non Facebook).

Je peux y accéder avec mon pc donc mon abonnement court toujours...

Suggested posts