Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

volume too low

volume too low

This has been happening for a few weeks now.. I have the apple ear buds and use them at my job driving truck.. I loved Spotify and honestly still love it, but now for some reason the volume seems to be turned down doesn't matter what quality of music I use.. Everything else sounds great.. Any suggestions I've already signed out and back in,and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. All of my volumes on the phone are as high as they go.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
7 Replies

Do you have an equaliser app installed that could be doing it? Also if you go to android settings then sounds can you check if the safe listening volume is enabled? If so, turn it off

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Other than the stock equalizer in the settings no... And where is safe listening? In android settings?

Still having issues, please help!

Can you try a clean install? I know you've already tried this, but note the check & removal of some folders which may be causing issues if still present.

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks for the help Daniel, it still pretty much doing the same thing. I did the clean reinstall. Its probably either my phone doesn't like Spotify or maybe my ears are desensitized from all the metal lol but I appreciate the lengthy response kudos to u my friend

What phone and android version ate you running? Can you try with different headphones at all?

Lastly you say is only noticeable with Spotify. Is it the same if using the phone speaker? Can you compare playing a track on your stock player and then streaming with Spotify and see if the volume offset is noticeable?

Android Troubleshooting:

Ok sorry haven't been on in awhile. The iPhone headphones are the best ones I have. They're my wife's lol... The stock player (play music) is a lot louder almost to the point it hurts my ears.. I also have an app called SSRADIO which curates Sirius satellite playlists for Spotify. And I have compared multiple songs on the different apps and all sound great but the Spotify app itself, even ss radio which uses the Spotify library

Suggested posts