Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to embed a playlist that plays entire songs and not just 30 second previews?

How to embed a playlist that plays entire songs and not just 30 second previews?

I'm a premium user that is logged into my desktop app and web player. No matter how I try embedding a playlist on my site (embed code or URL) it only plays 30 second previews. The site I'm trying to embed it on is made by Wix should that matter

1 Reply

Aww I’m sorry to hear that Mrboombastic, it does not sound fantastic… Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check that the playlist you're trying to embed is set to "Public." If the playlist is set to "Private" or "Unlisted," it may not be playable when embedded on your website.

2. Try generating a new embed code for the playlist. Sometimes, the code used to embed the playlist may be outdated or not working correctly. Generating a new code may help fix the issue.

3. Check that the web player is logged in to the same account as the desktop app. If you're logged in to different accounts on the web player and desktop app, this can cause issues with playback.

4. Contact Wix support to see if there are any known issues with embedding Spotify playlists on their platform.

5. Try embedding the playlist on a different website to see if the issue persists.

It's worth noting that there are limitations to embedding Spotify playlists on third-party websites. In some cases, playback may be limited to 30-second previews, even for premium users. This can depend on the platform used to embed the playlist and any licensing agreements that may be in place.

Hope to of helped,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts