Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Opinion/Complaint: There needs to be a way to make a list of albums you want to listen to

Opinion/Complaint: There needs to be a way to make a list of albums you want to listen to

So I am an Android Spotify user (though this applies to all versions of Spotify in general)

I have been puzzled since day one as to why there is no way to make any sort of list of the albums you want to listen to.  Not "saving" or "liking" an album yet since I haven't listened to it, but instead putting it into a list so I can get to it in the future. The only way to save any kind of album at all without making a playlist of that album is to "Like" it . That's where my frustration begins. While I know that it has been addressed numerous times how irritating it is that mobile users cannot create folders, I'm going to mention it again anyway, (but for an important purpose.) It's the fact that the folders are the only way to have the ability to make organize your Spotify library properly.

If I want to make an organized list of albums that I plan on listening to, the only way to kinda do so is to create a folder for the list and then in that folder, drag and drop each album into it, making a playlist of it. This does work, but it's really backwards due to the fact that you're just making a ton of playlists, (I have over 300 "playlists" on my profile) of albums instead of just going directly to the album. Another issue with that is you are not streaming the album from the artist page, but instead just the playlist so you don't see the album details at the bottom.

I hope this makes sense to the Spotify Devs, and they realize more people are carrying phones in their pockets than they are laptops (Pretty crazy right????)

0 Replies

Suggested posts