Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Radar Duplicate but Incorrect Artists

Release Radar Duplicate but Incorrect Artists

Has anyone else ever had issues with their Release Radar having completely off the wall songs that are not at all things that should be pulling for your profile?

The only thing I can figure is that the songs will have multiple artists listed in under the song and it may be an artist I have listened to in the past, but they are DEFINITELY not the correct artist in the song. If you hit the 3 dots next to the song and go to "View Artists" it does show the band I ACTUALLY listen to and is correct but they are definitely not in those songs.

For example, my release radar today includes two songs that I have attached in my thread with the "do not show" next to them and greyed out because they are not the highlighted bands' songs. I try not to interact with them at all other than selecting "hide this song" but every single week this year I have new songs that are not the following artists in my Release Radar:

Ra
Dope
Soil

These are bands I listen to (the above I listen to are the rock bands) but the songs in my release radar are DEFINITELY not them.

Screenshot_20221209_083922.jpg
2 Replies

This has been happening on my Release Radar playlist for months. Sometimes 3 or 4 songs will be from an artist I've never heard of, never listened to, but the song will appear to feature artists I do listen to. Pretty clear that the random artist is tagging popular bands to get their new release priority in the algorithm. This week, the artist doing this on my Release Radar is the same as one of yours - "Murray"

I hide the song(s) every week as well, but the issue persists. I would suggest that Spotify adds functionality in the "Report Artist" menu. Currently there is no option to specifically report an artist for this, you can only report them for text in their bio or images on their profile.

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 11.32.56 AM.png

I agree with you, it seems as though they are just tagging popular artists in their songs that are definitely not in their songs. It would be awesome if we could report it like you said. It is very frustrating that they are slipping into our personalized playlists by doing this. In my case, I feel like it is messing with my preferred genres because I listen to mostly rock, alternative, metal, hard rock, etc... but then these random artists that have some of my rock band artists I listen to tied are not at all a genre I would listen to. Hopefully someday they will be able to regulate how artists are tying other artists in their songs to keep the random outliers out of our preferences. 

Suggested posts