Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smart Shuffle is annoying

Smart Shuffle is annoying

Why is there no option to disable smart shuffle in settings? It is so frustrating to have to hit the shuffle button so many times just to get your music in the order that you want. I’m not sure why there isn’t an option to disable it or just a different button for it like how it was to enhance a playlist. This is incredibly annoying and frustrating. The way that I use Spotify is by continuously shuffling my liked songs and this makes it so annoying and nearly impossible to enjoy listening to music. 

4 Replies

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Im hoping the smart shuffle feature will be optional in the future.

Gonna bump this post and say the same, this feature is annoying as **bleep**. Just like car mode, except that can be disabled.

Such a pain. It was fine when we had a separate 'enhance' button, but this is torture. Stop trying to fix what ain't broke Spotify

It's really frustrating toggling shuffle on and off now because there's a third option (smart shuffle) that takes a while to toggle off because it adds then removes stuff from the playlist.

Give us an option to disable this at account level please!

Edit: oh, and earlier I asked my Amazon Echo to play an album and it said "playing album X by X mixed with similar songs" (or something along those lines). It was only once and hasn't happened again but please don't have this be a feature on smart speakers as well!

Suggested posts