Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify fully integrated with engine prime/ Traktor / serato

Spotify fully integrated with engine prime/ Traktor / serato

1. I've just discovered that Spotify has scrapped all integration in DJ software which happened a while back and I'm wondering if there has been any news on whether Spotify would reverse this decision? I've just bought the denon prime 4 which can be fully integrated with tidal, beatport ect and is an amazing feature. I have been an active Spotify member for 6 years and now and after discovering that tidal is fully compatible with this standalone console I'm ready to make the switch! I can't believe Spotify would pull the plug on such an amazing feature which is a complete game changer!
3 Replies

Hi

I was one of the very 1st in the UK to own the Denon Prime 4 as I imported it from America when it was released over there. I was very disappointed that the advertised spotify integration was cancelled.

I've tried Tidal and Beatport, but both software doesn't work quite like spotify. You have to download the song to the track channel; this can sometimes take up to 5 minutes if you're in a bad Wi-Fi area. The problem is that whilst your downloading, that track channel is unusable. I managed to get round this by turning on 4 channel mode, but the amount of concentration is very taxing on the brain.

I don't see why spotify cannot be reintegrated into Prime 4 or the Prime range As they have cancelled their affiliation with virtual dj and ejay. In fact, I don't think spotify is affiliated with any dj equipment suppliers at the moment. Maybe all of us prime 4 and prime users need to get together and contact spotify in bulk asking for this.

Hope that Spotify will be compliant with DJ software again ! I was waiting for two years... Maybe one day i will change to Deezer or others...

@Spotify : as James Brown said : please, please, please ! 😉

Hey @Spotify Team, I also really hope that you will reverse your decision. Please please please! That would be such a nice tool for the whole world of DJs. We love your platform and want to use it!!

Suggested posts