Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

can't resync shazam from spotify

Solved!

can't resync shazam from spotify

I go to spotify and delete 'my shazam tracks', then go to shazam and under streaming disconnect spotify. then close shazam and log out from spotify.  go back to shazam and 'connect' to spotify. login back to spotify and the old previous out dated shazam tracks that were there before deleting and disconnecting, etc are still there?

is there some wait time before spotify and shazam servers update and resync? this is in chrome, I know chrome can be problematic with keeping caches' but this info shouldn't be in a chrome cache, yes? when I log into spotify should it not always reconnect to shazam to get the current songs as of that current login? and not pull the song list from chrome's cache, yes? or the spotify cache as well?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Pawsitively delighted to see you bbxrider!

It's possible that there may be a delay in the syncing between Shazam and Spotify servers, which could explain why the old Shazam tracks are still appearing in your Spotify account. However, it's also possible that the issue is related to cached data in your browser or on your device.

One thing you could try is logging out of both Shazam and Spotify, clearing your browser cache and cookies, and then logging back in to both apps. This should ensure that you are accessing the most up-to-date data from both apps.

My ears are perked up and waiting for updates!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Pawsitively delighted to see you bbxrider!

It's possible that there may be a delay in the syncing between Shazam and Spotify servers, which could explain why the old Shazam tracks are still appearing in your Spotify account. However, it's also possible that the issue is related to cached data in your browser or on your device.

One thing you could try is logging out of both Shazam and Spotify, clearing your browser cache and cookies, and then logging back in to both apps. This should ensure that you are accessing the most up-to-date data from both apps.

My ears are perked up and waiting for updates!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

looks like the sync delay was probably it, also logged in FF instead of chrome, and the FF was sync'd,

from here it seems like chromes cache bends reality!!!!!

thanks for the great reply

After trying EVERYTHING, I solved this issue for my setup.  I was following my wife’s “My Shazam Tracks” playlist.  Which meant that there were two “My Shazam Tracks” playlists on my phone.  As soon as I stopped following hers and deleted her playlist, my syncing immediately resumed working.

Suggested posts