Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library problem - no media available for browsing here

Solved!

Library problem - no media available for browsing here

I'm using SPOTIFY (4.3.3.0) installed in my car Volvo XC60.

Once selecting the library I try to browse the playlists but i get the message:
"no media available for browsing here ".

Indeed I have at least 20 different playlist that i can reach by Desktop and Phone. Just the App installed in the car cannot browse the Playlists in my library

Spotify 4.3.3.0

Volvo XC 60 car

Premium user

IMG20230405095854.jpg
IMG20230405100337.jpg
IMG20230405100321.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

With the update they solved the problem. Thanks God

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey @noi2giochiamo,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

First off, we'd suggest that you log out and log back in to see if that'll make a difference.

We'd recommend that you try clearing cached files on your mobile App as well. This will make sure that any old files that might be causing issues are gone.

On another note, can you try logging in with a different Spotify account on your phone and connecting to the car? This way we can check if the issue is related to your account, which might be the case.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The app versionon on the car  is the 4.3.3.0 while the app on the phone is 8.8.22.510

Thanks for your reply.

There is a misunderstanding: I'm not using the phone connected to the car, the app is installed IN THE CAR directly.

I do not even have the phone with me while in the car and the problem, obviously, persists.

I have removed and reinstall the app from the car, logged out and back in but the problem persists.

There is no possibility, as far as I know, to clear the car's memory cache.

The app versionon on the car  is the 4.3.3.0 while the app on the phone is 8.8.22.510

Hey @noi2giochiamo,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting you've tried so far.

There was indeed a misunderstanding. Apologies for any confusion created on our end. 

We'd recommend that you check for a pending updates on the firmware of the device in the car. If there is one - make sure to let it run. Updates usually offer improved performance that affects the apps too.

If the above doesn't help and the issue persists, it's best to reach out to the support teams at Volvo since they are the ones in charge of all technical support with the in-car app. 

Head here and send your inquiry. They will happily help out further. 

Hope this helps,. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same problem. Driving a Polestar 2 (Volvo EV). 

BMW users like myself have the same issue with the built in Spotify App in BMW operating system 7 or 8.

In another thread Spotify also referred to the OEM. "Good" to see that Volvo users have the same issue. 

For me that seems to be more of a Spotify backend issue and not an OEM issue. 

For the BMW issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Car-Thing/I-can-no-longer-open-the-Spotify-library-in-the-BMW/td-p/....

Seems NOT to be an issue of each car manufacturer if they do not use the same API & app.

Still no solution. I have contacted Volvo but they suppose (as me and all the users here) it's a Spotify problem. Unfortunately Spotify is not taking care about the problem. Nobody is trying to communicate on this forum that the team is aware and is working in this topic. Thanks for the service.

I will probably switch to apple music.

Thanks

I have tested my account on my wife's brand new BMW. Same error, the Playlist library seems to be empty.
This means that the problem is not related to the car (VOLVO or BMW) but it's a SPOTIFY problem.

I have tried every possible solution now for this problem. Different accounts, uninstalling spotify from every device and only installing it to car, resetting infotainment, internet connection and actually the whole car and still unable to see Playlists. Question is how much more evidence is needed to see that the problem is with something that Spotify did on their end?

Car is Volvo C40 and is running AAOS so its basically freaking android tablet on wheels, shouldnt be that hard to troubleshoot. Maybe it would be a good time to do something before more paying customers start migrating to competetive, ACTUALLY working streaming platforms.

I have the same problem.  Spotify says it is a Volvo problem, which does not seem to be the case.  I think that Spotify has no idea.

"Once you provide us with the information from Volvo we will further proceed with assistance and everything is noted so far.
I know about this, had looked for it already and you mentioned that you cleared the cache, there wasn't any need to proceed with that.
I would like to know from Volvo if they know about this and if they have found a solution.

In the meantime you can also vote in the community post."

I have the same problem.  I am in Australia.  I have a brand new XC60. 

The playlist and artists screens have the same message that you have.

When I "ask Google" to play a playlist, that works and the Playlist is played.  And then the playlist appears in the history page, but not the Playlists page.

I cleared the Cache, and the playlists and artists came back.  But then the same error came back the next day.

I cleared the Cache, and it worked for one day, then the problem came back.

@sherwoood how do you clear the cache on the volvo??

Today the playlists showed up properly and it seems the volvo's app has been updated to  version 4.3.4.0 good job spotify, hopefully other brands got the update too.

Marked as solution

With the update they solved the problem. Thanks God

Mine is also doing this but only with 1 playlist “Daily Drive”, I’ve reset the cache and reinstalled the app but it still won’t load the daily drive playlist (which is doubly frustrating when you consider that it’s the one I MOST want to listen to in the CAR)

What update are you referring to here?

Suggested posts