Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume knob “mutes” playback, then doesn’t work afterwards

Solved!

Volume knob “mutes” playback, then doesn’t work afterwards

A couple of things beforehand:

I recently got the Car Thing used(decent price, but before it dropped to $30😢

It has been factory reset at least twice since I’ve received it and have been troubleshooting. 

This is bizarre.

First video shows me navigating around the UI and using the knob before using it again to show it “muting” the music. Nothing helped. I’d have to close Spotify and reopen it to be able to do anything. But then using the knob to control the volume would mute it again. This happened so many times with me today, so what happened next in the second video really surprised me. 

Idk what’s going on but this is wild

Nothing to see here, I guess??

*edit- I just realized that pushing the button on the knob can pause, but that is not the case here. You pretty much have to push in at the middle of the knob to activate the button.  Extremely difficult to do that while rotating it with your finger on the outside. 
Plan- 
Premium family

Country- USA

Device- Iphone Se

Operating System- iOS 15.6.1

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @tj-s,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In this case, we suggest that you reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look and further assist you with this.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @tj-s,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

In this case, we suggest that you reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look and further assist you with this.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for your reply.  Yeah, at this point, I don’t really have a support issue, the issue fixed itself somehow as I was getting my post ready, recording videos, etc.

But there was no way I would not post the issue. It’s hilarious. 

Hi @tj-s

Thanks for letting us know 🙂 

We're glad to know that now it's working as expected. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a nice day!

EniModerator

Suggested posts