Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is there a limit of ONE Car Thing per account owner?

Why is there a limit of ONE Car Thing per account owner?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 15.0.210

My Question or Issue

I have been a long-time subscriber paying for the family plan - now $15.99/month. That plan includes 6 Premium accounts for family members living under one roof. I’m using 5 of those 6 accounts 1 for me, 1 for my husband, 3 for each of my 3 kids. Why am I only allowed to purchase ONE Car Thing? Is this going to change so I can purchase 2 more anytime soon? If you have customers willing to purchase more than ONE, I don’t see the issue…I must be missing something in that logic.

4 Replies

Hey @USCGStephanieZw,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community,

We have a limited number of devices available, so not everyone who showed interest in the initial offer could get one. Because of this, we are currently emailing users with the option to buy only one device per account. Although it may not be possible for your family members to order a Car Thing right now, they can register their interest here for when they become available to purchase, and once they are selected, they will be invited to buy it.

Hope this info is useful. The Community is here if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can all accounts on the family plan use the same Car Thing?

A Car Thing will connect to any phone that has Spotify logged in with a premium account.

/Björn

Hi folks,

Sorry for the delayed reply here.

@MimiGrammy, as @BjornRoth has said, the Car Thing can connect to any phone with Spotify on it. So, any member of your family should be able to use the car thing.

Let us know if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts