Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discovery level in personalized playlists

I would love to have a Discovery level option on Spotify.

Currently most of the songs on Daily Mixes or Autoplay are songs that I already liked. This is great but sometimes I am under the impression that the same songs are always shown to me and I wish to have the option to adjust the Discovery level, for example:

- High: high discovery would show more unknown songs that I could like, let's say around 70 percent of unknown songs and 30 percent liked ones.

- Normal: around 50% of liked/unknown songs.

- Low: this seem to be the current way Spotify works, showing around 70 or 80 percent of liked songs.

The new "Discovery level" option would influence Daily Mixes, Autoplay and Radio stations once defined by the user. The default option would be how things work today, but it would be very helpful give the users an option to define if they would like to discover more music.

I hope you may consider this idea and hopefully implement it soon.

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-12-31

Hey @eduluiz,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Reyyy

Hi there, 

I completely agree with eduluiz. Recently (2 months), my autoplay still choose the same songs (those I like and perfectly know), and even in same order. 

I am considering stop using the autoplay because of that.

Please, make some changes 🙂

Thanks a lot, 

Ondrej

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-31

Hey @eduluiz 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

osornios
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-07-01

Hey @eduluiz 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (180 votes within 6 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to keep sharing your Idea to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂