Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Teacher Discount

It would be great if Spotify offered a teacher discount for Spotify Premium.  Increasingly I am using Spotify in my classroom, but it is frustrating to have to constantly monitor it and jolt across the classroom to mute the ads.  I am happy to support the artists I listen to by paying for Spotify Premium, except that with ever more budget constraints, especially to arts programs, it is not feasible to shell out $120/yr from the school's or my own personal budget.  I believe that if a teacher discount was offered, we would also be able to promote the use of Spotify with our own students thereby increasing Spotify's users.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
crm23

How about a little discount for educators? Including university.

9v7u2qlgfqj2tolw9k59

Educators are struggling so much with what is going on in the world and another expensive is just another stressor. As a school counselor I constantly use music as a coping tool for students, and can

benefit from a discounted rate many ways. 

maryecan

Data shows public school teachers work 2 jobs to support themselves. Offer a discount like other major businesses such as Verizon and At&t.

akelly10

You order student discounts but not teacher discounts. Spotify is the best service for my classroom, and I use it a lot. However, it would be really nice to have a teacher subscription or even attach it to the student plan. I know other services use the program called I.D. to verify teachers. Might be something that Spotify can integrate easily. 

Yordan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

StefCarp5

Teachers use music as a calming tool daily in their classrooms. We cannot play ads within our classrooms due to language, subject matter and disruptions in listening. I think all teachers should receive a discount on their premium plans so their students can have access to appropriate ad free music when they need it most. Thank you!